Chapter 3

Hello,

IT’S MY BIRTHDAY :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE WHO SHARE THEIR BIRTHDAY WITH ME :D

Chapter 3 is here for you which is dedicated to @Love_is_everywhere

Pic on the side is of>>>

*****

“The best response to any difficult situation is to keep your calm.” 
― Lailah Gifty Akitas

EVERETT P.O.V

I stared at the dead body ahead of me and started panting repeatedly. This is the first time, I ever regret killing some wolf but it had to be done.

What do I say to Templar?

In a day, she lost her foster parents just the same way she lost her biological parents. I took a deep breath and growled lowly. I totally regretted killing Allan but he wasn’t backing down.

After hearing the news of his mate, Teresa’s death, Allan immediately shifted into his wolf and started attacking everyone around him. Three girls from the pack were already fighting for life or death, after being brutally attacked by Allan.

I gulped and took a step back from Allan’s dead body. I despised myself for killing him even though stopping him was the only solution. I shouldn’t have. Dammit! Templar will not forgive me for doing this. I just shouldn’t have killed him.

“Rett” Egan called me and I turned to face him. “Shift back” he said and then threw some shorts at me. Clamping the shorts in-between my jaws, I went behind a tree and shifted back to my two-legged existence. After putting on the shorts, I stepped out from behind the tree and stared at Allan’s lifeless figure on the ground.

“Rose passed away” Egan said somberly from beside me. Rose was one of the girls who got attacked by Allan merely minutes ago. The girls were plucking fruits from the trees before they got ambushed by Allan.

I nodded and then went back to my house in the former pack.

My wolf started pacing inside me and I suppressed him back. I didn’t want him taking control of me again for the day.

Since I felt sticky, I went to have a quick shower. In the tiled wet room, I stood under the shower and clenching my fists, I closed my eyes. Templar is not going to be happy about this. She would have wanted me to calm Allan down.

Egan and I tried, but… dammit! I should have tried harder to stop Allan. What do I say to her?

Ten minutes later, when I was thrusting my arms into sleeves of a black shirt, I heard the familiar buzz of my cellphone. It was lying in the coffee table downstairs and so, I went to pick it up. It was Terence calling me and I decided to first break the news about Allan’s death to him.

“Yes” I answered as I picked up the call.

“Rett. You need to come here as s-soon as p-possible” he stuttered and I frowned. My wolf continued pacing and this time he was begging me to let him out.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, my mind immediately wondering if anything happened to Templar. Dear Goddess! What if she took the news of Teresa’s death worse than I imagined? “Where is Templar? Is she okay?” I asked Terence with a growl while my wolf howled inside me.

“She is not okay” he whispered and I gulped. My heart started hammering in my chest and I felt a terrible sense of fear engulfing me.

“What are you hiding?” I all but shouted. My wolf continued howling so that he could connect to Templar. I didn’t feel any pain, which meant she was okay but… why was my wolf so worried?