Chapter 12

HI,

Chapter 12 is here and it is dedicated to @ vLadjEnNie23 for the cover on the side >>> Thanks Jennie :);)

****

“ When you are guilty, it is not
your sins you hate but
yourself."
Anthony de Mello, One Minute
Wisdom

TEMPLAR P.O.V

“Before going towards Tawny, that little boyfriend of yours pointed out that you are still his girlfriend. I swear Templar, he will grow up to be a heartbreaking asshole” Rett said and I smiled genuinely at the thought of Theo.

“No he will not” I stated defensively. “He is just with Tawny because he thinks keeping two girlfriends is okay.”

“Why would he think that?” Rett asked cocking an eyebrow. I furrowed my brows when I saw that and he just smirked.

Idiot!

“Theo thinks it’s okay because I married you even after I was his girlfriend” I said with a chuckle.

“But we are mates” Rett protested in confusion.

“Try telling that to a nine year old who has been calling me girlfriend ever since he was three” I imparted running a hand through my hair.

Everett and I were sitting in the shore and staring at the wide ocean ahead of us. He had finally convinced me to come out with him and I agreed. Well, actually was forced to agree because he threatened to break the door if I didn’t let him in. That wouldn’t have compelled me but the part that he had to discuss something important about the pack did.

Pack!

In my angst, I actually forgot about the pack. I cannot believe I did because the pack actually came before everything to me.

“He doesn’t understand what mates are and truth to be told he is too young to know about stuff like this. Right now, he understands the concept of girlfriend because he watches it in the movies. But I am sure when the time is right, Marissa will explain it to him” I said with a sigh.

“Until then, I have to tolerate that little bugger?” Rett questioned with a frown and I scowled at him. Rett surprised me by leaning forward and pecking my lips. It was a chaste kiss but it startled me and I gulped when Rett smiled at me.

It startled me because this was the first time we kissed after… everything. My heart started beating rapidly as I thought about it and to divert my mind, I decided to change the subject.

“What was the ‘something important related to pack’ you wanted to tell me?” I demanded refusing to make any eye contact with him. When there was no reply from Rett, I turned to face him, only to see that he was staring at the ocean.

Taking a deep breath,  he answered, “There are a lot of things but before that, I wanted to give you, your ring back.”

“My wedding ring?” I queired in awe. I had noticed that it was missing but I suspected I had lost it somewhere during the days in my life that I was missing. I felt really guilty and so I didn’t mention it to anyone. Well, that guilt just added to the list of things I feel guilty about and trust me, that list is really very long.

In those missing days, I knew I did serious damage to the packs I have been and I don’t know how I am going to forgive myself for… everything. I didn’t have the courage to look at my own reflection in the mirror. I felt that terrible about myself.

If I would have remembered what exactly I have done then I would have somehow begged for forgiveness but I don’t remember anything. Not a single thing. The last thing I remember was watching Alisha’s body. I closed my eyes shut and took in a breath as I thought about Alisha. The pack had arranged her funeral when I was missing.