Chapter 27

Hi,

I am a day early.

I am super excited to post this chapter because I love this one a lot :) And this chapter is dedicated to @Akshatha6 :DMy best-friend. Thank-you soooooo much for your undying support on all my stories :D Love you :-*

Pic on the side >>>>

****

“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.” 
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
, Crime and Punishment

EVERETT P.O.V

There are some moments in your life… when something happens just the way you wanted it to happen. Trust me; I know it rarely happens, like 0.00001 chance in hundred. But when it happens, you cannot express what you are feeling. Just few words aren’t enough to express it. All you can do is just watch and smile like a lunatic, or pray or even imagine that you must have done somewhere, something good in your life and that is why you are blessed with that moment.

That is what I was feeling now.

Staring at Patricia, that is exactly what I was feeling now. There were no sufficient words in any dictionary to explain what I felt.

The only thing, I knew for sure right now was that… Templar is going to be saved.

My wolf howled loudly in happiness and I closed my eyes and curved my lips to form a smile. A very genuine smile, from my side, after days and days of misery!

Letting out a breath, I opened my eyes and looked at Patricia.

My mouth ran dry and I just kept staring at Patricia, who had her eyes closed. She was wearing a sleeveless floor length white gown, which had an orange-yellow color tie, around her waist. She had long, waist length, golden color curly hair.

As I scanned her face, I didn’t miss a perfect straight nose, a shapely mouth and… closed eyes.

But then suddenly, as if on cue, Patricia opened her eyes.

I sucked in a breath, when I saw her eyes. They were blood red, just like Templar’s. Slowly, Patricia straightened and looked around her until her gaze rested on Adio’s. As soon as she saw him, her lips curved to form a smile.

Her smile was sincere. Not teasing or insulting. There was something warm and serene about her. She didn’t seem as fierce as it was written in that book.

Slowly, she got down of the pedestal. But still didn’t take her eyes away from Adio’s.

“I have been waiting for one seventy nine years” Adio began and my eyes were as wide as saucers.Adio, stepped forward and then took the metal flaming torch from Patricia, who handed it to him without any question.

“I told you. I will only come, when someone sincerely calls for my help and this time, he did” Patricia said in a soft voice and then looked at me. I gulped and blinked. My wolf was quick to react, because he bowed his head as a mark of respect and soon, placing a hand over my chest, I knelt on the ground and lowered my head. Other’s followed after me. There was complete silence. None of us spoke a word. None of us could say anything. There was nothing we had to say to her.

After few seconds, when I looked up, I found her smiling at us, in a friendly and pleased way.

Then a screeching sound disturbed the silence. I whipped my head to look at Templar, who was staring at Patricia in genuine horror and now, desperately trying to jump out of the fire. Every single time, she was forced to cower due to the heat of the flame.