Chapter 23

Okay, 23 is here and it is comparatively long and it is dedicated to @GrungeFox94 :D

****

“God, grant me strength to accept those things I cannot change.” 
― Dan Brown
, Angels & Demons

TEMPLAR P.O.V

When I came out holding a tray with coffee, I found out that neither Rett nor his business partner and son were in the living room. Sighing, I placed the tray on the coffee table and went to look for them.

Closing my eyes, I inhaled deeply and followed after Rett’s scent only to realize that he was out of the house. Thinking that he had gone with Mr. Zachir, I went back inside the house.

It was only ten in the morning and it was too early to prepare lunch and so, I decided to start writing the plot of my next novel. I had no title for the book yet, but the characters were already rolling in my head. Sitting in a dark room for days, helped me to at least write another novel. I had already completed three chapters.

The story was of a woman, with a rich, abusive and unfaithful husband, who finally finds love with her husband’s driver, a guy who is nine years younger than her. The main part of the story is how she deals with the psycho husband before and after he finds out about the affair.

But there was another plot going on in my head and now, I wanted to write that one too.

An hour later, Rett was still not home. Sighing, I shut my laptop close and went downstairs to prepare lunch. I called Rett through the link and frowned when I couldn’t get him in the link. At first I thought he had blocked me but then I realized that the problem wasn’t with him. It was with me. I couldn’t connect with him through the link.

My mind was blank.

As I felt my knees shaking and my heart pounding in my chest, I slumped on the couch and tried connecting with others. Another frown appeared on my face, when I realized that I couldn’t even connect with anyone because there was no link for me.

My mind was just like a human mind.

I tried again and again but I couldn’t mind link with anyone. There wasn’t any link in my mind in the first place.

What the hell is happening to me?

The only relief, which wasn’t that great of a relief, was that I could still sense my wolf’s presence. But she was just like she had been, ever since the miscarriage- static. She didn’t respond to me.

I tried bringing my claws out and yes, they did come out but the thought that I couldn’t mind link with anyone was like a huge blow to me.

What’s wrong with me? Why isn’t my wolf talking to me? Is this all connected with the miscarriage?

I honestly thought that the reason my wolf wasn’t responding was because she was weak and sad after losing the baby. However, this looks like it is something else.

The doctor- Jonathan, he had told me that I would be able to get my wolf back fifteen days later. Tomorrow is the fifteenth day and I definitely don’t think I will be getting my wolf back tomorrow. Instead I am feeling like I am losing my powers day by day.

Standing up, I rushed towards the kitchen and turned on the tap, as the water poured through the tap, I focused all my attention on it. My mind was focused on the water and with my mind, I tried to stop the flow however, that wasn’t possible.