Chapter One: Beginnings

Hi everyone! This is my first time writing anything and I'm lowkey nervous about it, but anyway here is a couple of things to mention before we start:
- The main character in this book is named Nix (there's a reason for it I Promise)
- I may describe her at some point but for now you can imagine her however you like :)
- Dream's outfit is pretty much just the outfit design from Sadist's animatic, The Fall (if you haven't seen it then you're living under a rock)
- Nix is 19, everyone else is the same age they were during the actual events (so let's all pretend Wilbur and Fundy aren't like three or four years apart)
- I will be mostly following the SMP storyline, just adding my own bits here and there.
- IF ANY OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS STORY ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH IT I WILL NOT HESITATE TO DELETE IT BECAUSE I RESPECT THEIR CONSENT
- If I ever get tired of writing this book I will end it with a chapter explaining how the rest of the story goes, because if there's anything I hate more than math, it's unfinished stories.
- anyways let's get onto the story (also please leave comments, I love to read them)
-----------------------------------------------

When I first became a part of L'Manberg, I was fighting for my family. I was fighting for my home and I was fighting for love. But just like how the seasons change, so do we.

•••••••••••••••••••••••
"Nix!"
My eyes fluttered open as my brain began to slowly process my surroundings. The small room decorated with chests and furnaces brought me back to reality, and I slowly sat up, squeezing my eyes shut to the glare of the sun. At this point, I'm in that stage of being half awake and half asleep at the same time. Turning back to my bed I slumped down into the warmth and attempted to get lost in my dream again. Just a little longer please.......

"NIX!"
"Uggggggggghhhhhhh" I muttered from below the covers. Suddenly, I heard my door being swung open. The loud footsteps heading towards my bed made me cringe even deeper into my pillow. I just want to sleep forever, please just let me sleep forever. The blankets are tugged away from me and I recoil as the cold morning air clings to my skin.

"Nix, you need to get up, Wilbur is making a very important announcement today and no one can miss it!" A loud, familiar voice almost yells into my ear.

Turning onto my back I look up to see my best friend, Floris, staring back down at me with excitement. Floris, or as everyone else calls him; Fundy, has always been my best friend ever since I first stepped foot in L'Manberg. We did almost everything together, like going for picnics in the woods and setting up various pranks on the other residents of L'Manberg. But we both agree that our friendship is platonic, and nothing will ever change that. Oh, and I also forgot to mention that he's a fox. Literally a fox. Don't ask me how he came to be, Wilbur has some explaining to do on that one.

"I don't want to get up, I don't even want to exist anymore" I mumble trying once more to flip back over and lose consciousness, which by the way, was very hard to do when there was a fox yelling in your face.

"Nix, if you don't get up right now I will get Tommy to wake you up by screaming in your face every morning for the next week" Fundy threatened.

"Oh shit" I curse. knowing Tommy, he would probably curse me out until I eventually cave and grab the nearest weapon to stab him with. I hastily jumped out of bed and got changed into my L'Manberg uniform while Fundy waited for me outside. Putting on the navy blue suit, I felt a sense of pride for L'Manberg. It was small, but it was mighty. So far we haven't been able to get recognized as anything apart from a miniscule village in the SMP, but we will get there if we just keep working and make ourselves known to Dream, the ruler of the SMP.

Grabbing an apple for Fundy and I, from one of my chests, we head over to the Camarvan, where Wilbur normally makes his announcements. Wilbur is actually the founder of L'Manberg, and is sort of like a leader to us. He's pretty much like my older brother, having raised me and Fundy, his son. I guess that would make us kinda related, but not in a blood way. Wilbur negotiates things with the other villages in the SMP and settles any disputes between the people of L'Manberg. Normally, he doesn't make any announcements unless it's something very important, since news travels around pretty fast here anyways. We followed the path until the Camarvan was in sight. The first thing I noticed was the small crowd of people forming at the bottom of the van, all wearing L'manberg clothes. We joined the group, who were fixated on the four figures standing on top of the van. My gaze followed theirs, and I immediately recognized the faces in the harsh summer sunlight. Tubbo, Eret, Tommy, and Wilbur were all standing confidently, with serious looks on their faces. Wilbur was holding a book, and seemed to be reading from it, his usually soft voice booming across the clearing. I had a feeling that we already missed out on some of what he was saying, probably because of my own incompetence, and I began to listen in on what he was saying.