im so sorry, ross

I reached their hotel room at approximately 9pm. I sat in a cab all by myself, watching the city glare across the car windows. I wasn't allowed to ride with them because there wasn't enough room nor did the security guard trust me after not riding with them to the concert. I understood and it was okay. I just needed time to retrace the conversation we overheard between them earlier. 

The city was starting to decorate for the holidays. I had to admit, I was a sucker for Christmas. The lights were streaming from the light poles, neighborhood signs on the streets had beautiful glowing snowflakes, all leading up to Rockefeller center and its beauty. 

"Here?" The cab driver cleared his throat, lowering down the Christmas music. My eyes looked upwards onto the most infamous setting in this story, The Millennium. 

My fingers were already gripped around the door handle during the entirety of the ride. Just in case. "Yes, thank you." I answered, pushing the door open and stepping outside into the wave of coldness. New York winters were brutal. 

I dragged my almost healed foot over to the front steps, hopping through the main lobby and making my way over to the elevator. I pressed my thumb onto the elevator button, making the doors open right away and inviting me over to the top floor. Once I reached the front door of their suite, I knocked a few times and waited for an answer.

Nothing. 

After knocking a few more times and still receiving no answer, I settled on just thinking I arrived first. My legs tried to trail around in circles in front of the door as I waited for a familiar face to come out of that elevator. I waited for about one hour, just leaning on the door, walking around, and trying to pass the time. I couldn't believe it, they were just in the car behind me. 

I reached my hand into my pocket, holding out my phone. 

Of course, dead. 

I groaned and banged my head once on the door. 

What was I going to do now? 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ 

The elevator door dinged and I shot my head up like a small puppy waiting for its owner. They were laughing and giggling out of the elevator. Ross stepped out of the elevator first, head halfway in the air as he stopped to look at me. "Woah," he giggled, standing up straight and freezing. "You got here first?" 

They walked over to the door next to me. Their footsteps echoed around the hall as Rocky glared at me, putting the key card inside. 

"Yep. Been waiting for an hour," I muttered. I was starting to feel annoyed and definitely tired after the long day we all had today. At this point, I just wanted to go home and sleep. 

The door opened and we all entered their extremely trashed suite. I looked around with my mouth open, trying not to touch any of the trash on the furniture. "What the hell happened here?" 

Rocky and Ross looked around their suite and chuckled. Ross shook his head, smiling, and threw his body on the couch. "We had a party last night," Vivienne answered for them. 

A party... 

"Oh, really? In celebration of...?" My voice trailed, wondering around and staring at the complete mess in front of me. 

Vivienne sat on one of the stools near the counter. She rested her elbows on the counter, peering up at us. "The concert..." she realized, as her voice starting to become faint. "We didn't think to invite you, considering the circumstances."

I scoffed, "the concert was my idea." My voice was beginning to crack and I knew this little event was starting to hurt me. 

Ross sat up, finally stepping out of his rock star daze. "It just didn't come up," Rocky shrugged.