three days later

Three days passed by and I had not heard a single word from Ross, Rocky, or even Vivienne. I tried to keep myself busy with work and sulking in my thoughts at home, but we all know that's not what I wanted to be doing. 

I was on the last hour of my shift now, a closing shift. Business seemed to be booming for Daisy and Cherry since they hired another employee to work the times I wasn't. I thought It was a great idea. We all needed the extra help. 

Daisy walked over to the door, jiggling the keys in her front pocket. She locked the door and smiled widely at her reflection. She smelled her plants and caressed the leaves. 

"You're in a good mood," I pointed out, raising my eyebrows up and down at her. 

She turned to me like I had just interrupted her trance and flashed her teeth at me. "Everything is so much better now, thanks to you Mari!" 

I shrugged as if saying "it was no big deal" and darted my eyes at the tall figure walking past the bakery's windows. 

Rashaad.

He cupped his hands around his eyes, trying to peak inside of the bakery to see if we were open or not. Rashaad noticed me and knocked on the door, hoping that one of us would answer. 

"You know him?" Daisy asked, pointing at Rashaad. 

I nodded and practically leaped out from behind the counter to open the door for him. "He's just here to walk me home. I promise he'll buy something," I claimed, begging her. 

"Okay, but he better buy something," Daisy laughed mockingly. She walked into the kitchen as I opened the door for Rashaad. He welcomed me with a warm hug, picking me up off the ground for a little bit. It was so great to see a familiar face. 

"I told you to come before my shift was ending!" I joked, hitting him with the rag from my apron pockets. "I only have 15 minutes left and I still have to sweep around the place." 

Rashaad sneaked around the counter, peaking at the cookies left of the display. We still had our famous chocolate chip cookies out for the famous Driver Era Special, and a few cupcakes. "I lost track of time. You know how Nathan is when I have to leave...Are these cookies any good still?" 

I opened the display picked out a few chocolate chip cookies for him as well as a raspberry cupcake. I urged the cupcake into his mouth and he closed it abruptly, trying hard not to laugh. "Is this ... rasp-berry?" He tried to mutter through the food in his mouth.

"Yes. Your favorite," I giggled, nodding my head at him. 

Rashaad continued to chew it thoroughly and I watched him swallow a big chunk. He smiled and rubbed his stomach, definitely satisfied. "I'll take one more while you break down everything that happened this weekend," he hinted. 

I huffed at this and put a strand of hair behind my ear. "You already know what happened. I'm sure one of them told you already." My fingers gripped on the edges of the small glass doors to close the display. 

"Ross told me..." He tried to say under his breath. "How are you holding up?" 

My eyes trailed over to the broom laying against the cashier. I grabbed it and began my last few minutes of sweeping and cleaning up. "I'm okay. Did he tell you he needs some time?" 

"Yeah," he nodded. The crumbs from his second cupcake were hitting the floor, forcing me to clean up under his feet. 

"I just wish I knew when that time would be. I've been trying to keep myself busy with work, but that's all I have going for me now," I continued. The thought of not having anything else to do was really dawning on me. Before these last few months I was a student, owned my own esty shop, and going to dance classes. I had seemed to lose sight of all of those things since meeting Ross and them.