glad I met you

I was left in a rather unusual situation. Here I was, waiting on our "kind of date" with Ross, and it felt like everything I thought it would be... but I also had sex with his older brother. Now, if you would've told me about all of this a week ago, I would've thought you were joking. But alas, this isn't a joke, and I don't know what to say for myself other than, you go girl. 

My phone vibrated a few inches away from me as the drizzle of the New York City night sky fell on my apartment windows. I retrieved it from the other side of the bed and read a message from Ross.

Ross: Around the corner! I hope you're in the mood for pizza again :)

I smiled and locked my phone, throwing it back over to the other side of the bed. I was nervous, no doubt. I had no idea what to expect out of this. 

Almost a few minutes later, a small knock appeared from the other side of the door. I quickly skipped over to the front door and opened it, seeing Ross as he held up the pizza and a bottle of red wine with a huge grin on his face. I decided to joke around for a bit and furrowed my eyebrows at him, scoffing at his appearance. His face dropped as I closed the front door in his face. I giggled softly to myself as he knocked again.

"Mari!" He laughed, continuing to knock. I continued to giggle out loud, this time opening the door again for him to actually come inside. "I was just going to start eating on my own," he joked, placing the pizza box and wine on my counter, opening his arms wide for a hug. I pushed my chest against his, embracing him in a much needed hug, swaying left and right for a couple of moments. His cold muscular arms wrapped around my back, placing my head perfectly under his neck. 

"Hey there," he whispered softly, brushing his hand up and down my back. I squeezed him tighter, earning a small chuckle as his response. Ross pulled me back a few centimeters and gazed into my eyes. "Is everything alright?" 

I nodded, still smiling. "Just glad you're here," I admitted, and I was. 

Ross sat on one of the stools in front of the counter, propping open the bottle of wine. I retrieved two glasses from my overhead cabinets, tippy toeing. He chuckled again, watching my small body struggle. 

"This is me everyday, just so you know," I laughed, finally deciding to give it a little jump. I grabbed the two glasses and placed it on the counter, sitting down. 

"I can imagine," He laughed, pouring the wine in our glasses. "What have you been up to since the interview today?" 

I opened the pizza box and took my first slice. "I napped for five hours." 

He took a huge bite out of his pizza and opened his eyes wide at me, "Five hours? That's not a nap, Mari." 

"It is for me. I've got a lot of thinking scheduled for the few hours after you leave," I shrugged. And it was true. It was time to dig the old resume and begin applying for some part time positions around here. 

"Who said I was leaving?" Ross joked, finishing his pizza. Men eat so fast. 

Practically chocking on my first sip of the wine, I placed it down in front of me and laughed out loud. "So this is one of those kinds of dates? You already had that last night,"

He rolled his eyes, smirking. "That was nothing." 

Nothing? 

I smirked back, nodding. Actually finishing this new sip of wine, I held it in my hands. "We saw you guys making out, Ross."

Ross furrowed his thick eyebrows at me, grabbing another slice of pizza. "You know, I don't really remember you leaving last night, Marina." 

My knee met the bottom of the counter, sending a wave of radiation along my legs. I crossed one leg over the other, trying to play it off.