and the fun began

Lana. There she was, the mysterious girl from the text messages. She sat on his lap all pretty and kept. She's definitely sat there before, no doubt. Lana wore a lilac purple maxi skirt and a cardigan to match. She was averagely skinny with a head full of long dark brown hair. 

I stuttered the words out in my brain. Should I even say anything? There wasn't much to say. I really didn't know the girl. 

Ross urged her off his lap, pushing her slightly begging, "Lana, you have to leave now." 

Rocky shook his head impatiently and put a hand on his forehead, looking down at his lap. "Here we go," he muttered. I brought my lips down to a firm line and sat back into his other arm. 

Lana playfully pouted her lips and said, "What do you mean I have to leave now? Don't you remember, you invited me here earlier this week." 

My heart skipped a tiny beat. Ross looked up into the air and furrowed his eyebrows, trying to remember. "That was last week, Lana. I've changed my mind since then," he explained.

Lana flared her nostrils out and I watched her chest rise. She shook her head and laughed angrily. "I don't believe this. You ghosted me all week and didn't even have the decency to even tell me you didn't want to see me anymore?" Lana finally stood up and grabbed her shoes from underneath the chair they were sitting on. 

Ouch. 

Rocky leaned in closer to my ear and whispered, "We can go back to the room, give them their space?" 

I pulled back and squinted at him, indicating that I knew exactly what he meant by that. He laughed lightly saying, "Not like that. Let's give them some space." Rocky stretched his arms up in front of him and pulled himself up, before offering me a hand. 

"Where are you guys going?" Ross interjected, standing up himself and placing an arm out in front of him. I looked at Lana as tears were starting to form in her eyes. She adjusted her appearance and grabbed her bag quickly. 

Rocky put his hands up in surrender and tried to say something before I interrupted. "I came here to ask you both something, and it seems to me that you need a little bit more time to sort this out. Just call us when you're done," I offered, gesturing my head over to Lana. 

Lana began walking towards the door. Ross threw his hands up in the air and walked up to me. I could see the stress in his eyes as he mumbled, "I don't want to see her anymore, Mari." 

"Well you should've told her that instead of ghosting her," I shrugged. And that was true. Always keep your friends in check ladies. 

"It's not that big of a deal," Ross whispered. Rocky placed his hand in mine and nudged me over, before I even decided if I wanted to pull away or not. Ross and I both looked down at this small movement and he threw his hands in the air again, sighing loudly. 

"Lana, wait!" He called out, rushing over to her.

 Rocky and I walked back over to his room, leaving the door open. It was quieter now, and definitely a more approachable atmosphere. I propped myself onto the circular bed and threw myself back, closing my eyes. 

"Sorry about that. This is ongoing with Ross," Rocky exposed, taking a seat next to me. He shook his head, "I told him at some point he needs to just stop giving his number out to everyone he meets. Girls just want to chill and know what's up, trust me, I learned the hard way too. And Lana, out of all people? I'm not sure that's even his type."

I tilted my head slightly and peaked out through one eye. "What is his type?"

He huffed, mockingly. "Definitely girls with a sense of character. She's not a bad girl, just definitely a one night stand... that turned into three nights."