overslept

I couldn't believe I let those words slip out of me. And right after she had just confessed her feelings about him? Geez, Marina. Are you serious?

All Vivienne could do was stare at me. Her face was vacant and just in complete shock at what I had just confessed to her. I had no doubt she was starting to second guess a lot of her recent events with Rocky, and it was all my fault. 

"I'm so sorry, Viv. I wouldn't have slept with him if I knew you had feelings for him!" I cried, beginning to feel very pale. 

She blinked twice and opened her mouth to speak, but closed it shut right after. 

I just blew this whole thing, didn't I?

My eyes met the palm of my hands and I sat there, shaking my head in despair. But to my surprise, my ears perked up after hearing her let out a small chuckle. 

I shot my head up in her direction and she was leaning her head back, trying so hard not to laugh. "Did you really have sex with him?" Her British accent was shining through. 

"I- I did," I stuttered, searching her face for any explanation. 

"It's okay. You didn't know. I didn't even know," She laughed, pulling the covers over her head. She seemed embarrassed for something she didn't even do.

Oh?

"It was just once right?" She continued to speak under the covers. 

An awkward laugh escaped my lips and I began to shake my head. "Twice actually." 

Her head popped up again as she exclaimed, "Oh my god!" 

"I know, I know. This is making me look really bad, but I promise you it was just sex. I had no feelings for him and that was discussed. I hope this doesn't scare you away from him," I pleaded, hoping she would understand. 

Vivienne took a few seconds to think about it. Her face fell immediately after I said "twice." I just knew this was something she definitely did not want to hear. 

She rolled her shoulders back and took a breath. "Okay. It's okay. As long as it was just sex?" She emphasized. 

"Just sex!" I repeated, hoping that was enough. 

Vivienne gave a small sigh of relief and began to chuckle again. "Honestly Marina, this comes as such a surprise. I thought you were secretly having sex with Ross this whole time." 

My mouth opened and I mimicked her small chuckle. "Absolutely not. Although... I wouldn't be opposed to that now." 

"What do you mean??" Vivienne sat up and stretched her legs out under the covers. Her small feet poked out from the side of the bed. 

I tucked myself in next to her and took a small moment to warm myself up. Ross' clothes fit nicely and freely, but I was a bit cold from the hotel AC.

"I kinda like Ross..." I shrugged, blushing. I knew my cheeks were rosy pink at this moment, but what else is new

She smirked and nudged my shoulder. "Of course you do. I knew there had to be something going on there! But honey, what are you possibly going to do when Ross finds out?" 

The blush disappeared from my face and instead I replied with a faint expression. "I have no idea. I'm thinking I'll just wait it out and see if he is actually into me too? Maybe the longer we take to get to know each other, the easier it'll be for him to understand?" 

Vivienne's smirk was long gone and she was now caressing my curly hair with one hand and holding up her head with the other. "I think it'll be alright, love. If you guys are meant to be together at some point, then it'll all play out nicely. It's still too early to say anything." 

"You think so? I think everything happened so fast. I mean, I just met you guys a little over a month ago," I sighed, really putting the length of all of this into perspective. 

I felt her nod as she said "Definitely. It has been fast, so let's just take it one day at a time. Personally, I don't know what he would say. I think you'll just need to give him some time. They are brothers, you know. That's kind of weird." 

I nodded in return and sighed, "I know, thanks. Do you want me to shut the light off?"

"Oh no honey, watch this," she giggled. Vivienne clapped her hands together twice and just like in the movies, the lights turned off. 

"No way," I snorted, shaking my head at the thought of me staying in a hotel like this. 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

The next morning we were awaken by a hard knock on the suite's door. Vivienne turned around and groaned, definitely not showing any sign of getting up. 

"Could you get that?" She muttered. Her small snoring followed right behind her last words. 

The light was shining right though the widows, making everything around us illuminate even more. I could never get used to a view like this. 

My small feet touched the cold floor, making me shiver a little bit inside. I walked softly over to the door and opened it. I rubbed my eyes and could only make out a tall figure, hovering over the door. 

"Hey- Mari," Rocky spoke, putting his hands in his front pockets. "Good morning." 

I removed my hands from my eyes and squinted at him. "Rocky? What are you doing here so early?" 

"Well, I finally had a good night's sleep last night, and I came over to thank Vivienne," he explained, peaking into the suite. 

"You woke up this early just to say thank you?" I asked, confusingly. 

Rocky laughed and looked down at his watch. "It's twelve pm, Mari." 

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head quickly. "There's no way. There's no way!" I opened the door widely enough for him to enter and began packing up my things. "I'm late for work!" 

Rocky watched me panic as he sat awkwardly on the arm of one of the couches. "Is Vivienne still sleeping?" 

"Yes- did Ross stop by? He said he was going to stop by in the morning," I questioned, still panicking. I gathered my things in my hands and waited at the door frame of the bed room for him to answer.

"He said he stopped by a few hours ago, but nobody answered. He just stepped out actually, something about having a meeting for Netflix," Rocky answered. "Did you two have plans?" His voice trailed off at the end. 

"I ... I think so." I swiftly made my way into Vivienne's bathroom and began changing. The door slammed behind me in response to my panic. I hoped that didn't wake her. 

My phone screen glared 10 missed calls at me. All from Daisy and even an unknown number, which I assumed was Cherry. A text from Ross a few hours ago popped up as I continued to scroll down. 

Ross: Stopped by earlier today, nobody answered the door. I assumed you were still asleep. Have a great day at work! 

I frowned while trying to put my jeans over Ross' boxers. I decided to keep his shirt on and just throw the same tank top underneath. 

After brushing my teeth and feeling somewhat content with the only appearance I could possibly have at this state, I hurried out of the bathroom door. 

"Marina, are you okay?" Vivienne asked, sitting up from her bed. 

"I'm fine, Viv. We just over slept, I'm late for work. Rocky's in the other room waiting for you," I informed, reaching over to give her a hug. 

She tried to fix her hair without me noticing and nodded her head. "Really? Okay, I'll be up soon." 

I gave her two thumbs up and walked out of the room, greeting Rocky again. He stood up when he saw me and I could tell he was a bit nervous to be here. 

"Have a good day at work, Mari" He expressed, clearing his throat. 

"Thank you," I smiled and rushed out the door. 

I really hoped Daisy and Cherry didn't hate me as much as I hated myself for being late.