Chapter 17 - Moonlight

May 20th, 1987
Michael's POV
-
It had been a few weeks since Ariana and I started dating, and they have been the best few weeks of my life. It felt amazing that I didn't have to hold back what I truly wanted to say and do to her. We had made it aware to my family we were now together, but they already saw it coming so it wasn't a surprise to them. As for the press, they had rumors about us but Ariana and I haven't confirmed anything yet, and I'm not sure when we will.

Tonight was the night of Ariana's album release party, and I was so excited and happy for her. She deserved everything tonight, and I'm making sure she receives nothing less.

I fixed my black tie before I stepped out of my room and made my way to Ariana's room that was right next to mine, I knocked on the door with my knuckle, "Just one second!" Ariana called out to me, I chuckled as I heard thumping as she rushed to the door. Ariana then swung the door open and revealed her face. She looked absolutely stunning, her makeup was simple but there was something different about it that I loved, her hair was styled in waves hung down on her shoulders. She was wearing a simple black dress that showed a small amount of cleavage that drove me crazy.

"Wow." I managed to say, "You look amazing." I continued to look her up and down. I still couldn't believe that was all mine.

Ariana looked down for a moment with a smile before she examined me, "Thank you, I can say the same to you." She bit her bottom lip, "I've never seen you dressed so fancy before." She giggled.

"You like it?" I asked her.

"Love it." She widened her eyes as she looked at me, "Shall we?" She reached out her small hand for me to grab.

"Let's head out." I took her small hand into mine and we made our way downstairs.

"Oooo look at you two!" Janet's voice came from the living room, "Now that is what I call a good looking couple!" Janet walked towards us before she wrapped Ariana and I in a hug.

"Thanks Janet, am I crazy or does Michael never wear a suit and tie? This is the first time I've seen it." Ariana joked causing me to let out a laugh.

"You know what, now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen you in a suit since we were kids." Janet said.

"It's not that big of a deal, it's just a suit."

"Yeah but you look so different in a suit compared to your usual clothes." Ariana said locking eyes with me, "In a good way though, a great way actually." She rubbed her hand up my chest. My heart practically leaped out of my chest.

"Alright you two," Janet noticing our obvious flirting, "Go have fun! I'll be there to join you guys soon!"

"Bye Janet!" Ariana called back before we made our way outside towards the truck.

//

Ariana's party is going to be held at First Avenue club itself. We hadn't even discussed what we would do if Prince showed his face there, but as we got closer to the club, I could tell Ariana was getting nervous.

"You alright?" I asked Ariana, taking her attention away from the window to look at me.

She nodded, "Just nervous, this is a big night for me." She shrugged, but I could tell she wasn't telling me something.

"You'll be alright sweetheart," I kept my gaze strong with her, "And I know you're nervous about Prince.." I told her honestly.

She looked down at her hands before she looked back at me, "Yeah. I don't want him to ruin this for me."

"We're not going to let him, you hear me? Nothing is getting in the way of your night. This is your night." I spoke to her. "If he's here or not, you're going to enjoy your night regardless."