Chapter 7 - Choices

Ariana's POV
-
Zipping up my last black knee high boot, I stood up and looked over my outfit. A black turtle neck with a diamond choker, and a high waisted black skirt. Satisfied, I sat down in front of my mirror and pulled my hair into a high ponytail.

My door creaked open, Prince's face soon poking through the door, he smiled big when I made eye contact with him through the mirror, "Well hey," I chuckled with a Bobby pin in my mouth, soon pinning it in my hair.

"I didn't know you were coming tonight." Prince walked behind me, wrapping his arms around my chest planting a quick kiss on my cheek.

I blushed, "I'll be here every night from now on."

"That's something I wouldn't mind at all." He stared at me through the mirror. "So about last night," He spun my chair around so I was facing him, "Are you my girl now?"

I laughed, "We just kissed." I told him and he gave me a serious face.

"But there was so much meaning to it. You know that right?" He bent down so he was face to face with me as I sat in my chair.

"Yes I know that." I nodded, "But I'd much rather you ask me." I winked before standing up and walking towards my door. "I'll be waiting." I smirked closing the door behind me and getting ready for my performance.

-

"Great job, Ari you killed it." Jeff told me as I walked backstage once again wiping my face lightly with a rag. Jeff always knew how to make me feel confident in my performances.

"Thank you Jeff, I'm really on a roll with this." I told him genuinely.

"Damn right you are. And I have some signing options after you get changed, meet me in my office in about an hour, yeah?" He told me and I felt my heart freeze. People want to sign me already? I didn't know how to feel, I was shocked, happy, and worried all in one.

"Oh my gosh, are you serious?" I finally spoke.

"Very serious," he laughed at my reaction, "Go get changed, kiddo." I rolled my eyes playfully at the nickname and walked quickly back to my room. This was huge for me, more than that. I was finally on the right road to my dream career and I couldn't be happier.

I don't know where Prince had gone, I saw him watching my performance from backstage but that was it. I quickly chose something casual from my closet that the wardrobe team had put together for me, a pair of black jeans, an oversized sweater with simple black heels.

I made my out of my dressing room, and attempted to spot out Prince. I wanted to tell him about Michael and I's song together that we had recorded earlier today, and that I was hopefully signing with someone soon. I had to get it off my chest and tell someone.

I knocked on his door lightly, but there was nothing. I carefully opened the door and called out his name, "Prince?"

As I peeked my head inside the door, he was staring at me with a smile on his face, as if he was waiting for my arrival, "Hey," I said softly closing the door behind me. "I was looking for you."

"You found me," He said as he was still smiling.

"You're smiling like a goofball, what did you do?" I laughed through my words sitting down next to him.

"I was just thinking." He shrugged.

"Abouttt?"

"How I knew you would come straight here after your show trying to figure out if I was going to ask you to be my girl." He laughed causing me to laugh along with him. He really wasn't lying, that's exactly why I came looking for him. Everything seemed to be happening so fast, but falling right into place at the same time.

"You're good."

"Aren't I?" He chuckled before licking his lips and looking over to me with a serious face, but his eyes were full of compassion, "But no really, I've been wanting to do this ever since I laid eyes on you. It seems like it's happening too fast but it feels so right, doesn't it?"

I nodded my head, "It does." I choked out nervously. He was absolutely right, everything was happening fast. From my career, to my love life, it had all upgraded within a week. It was still something I hadn't even processed yet.

"So I think we should wait." He told me, causing my stomach to drop completely. A part of me understood where he was coming from, the other part of me was disappointed.

"Oh, okay." I looked away from his eyes to my knees.

"But don't think I don't want this, because I do. I really do," He got up from his chair and knelt in front of me, "I just wanna know you more. I wanna know what makes you, you. I wanna know your favorite food, your favorite place to have quiet time, I wanna know your loved ones, I wanna see what you look like when you wake up in the morning, bare face and all. We can do that right?" Prince smiled slightly, hoping for my approval.

"We definitely can, and you know what?" I grabbed his hands that were in front of me.

"Hm?"

"Nobody has ever wanted to do that for me, ever." I told him honestly, and it was true. I never had a man go out of his way to get to know me and my lifestyle before he wanted to actually date me. I couldn't pass this chance up, never in a million years could I pass this up.

His eyes shined at me before me grabbed both sides of my face and brought me in for another amazing kiss, "You deserve it." Prince said, pulling away from our kiss.

"I also have something to tell you." I smirked giving his single hand a squeeze.

"What's that?"

"I was talking to Jeff before I came in here, he has some signing options for me." I grinned waiting for Prince's reaction.

Prince's POV
-

"You're joking." I told her, excitement coming over me for her.

Ariana nodded her head, "No joke."

"Do you know how big that is?" I gushed, standing over her. She stood up shortly after me.

"It's huge, I know!" Her tone changing into a higher pitch, placing both of her hands into her cheeks.

"All I ask," I slowly grabbed her hands from her face and intertwined them with mine, "Is that you make the right decision. There's a lot of people unhappy with their music because of who they signed with. I can tell you love your music and your creation. Don't let anyone change that."

Ariana smiled warmly at me, "I won't."

"Cmon let's go." I had her hand still grasped in mine as I walked her out of my dressing room and to Jeff's office. I stole a couple glances from her as we walked peacefully, hand in hand. We earned a few stares from people backstage, letting everyone know that I was now tied down with one woman. I told myself I was going to have her, she was going to be mine.

I know how men are around here, especially at the club. People are going to want her and talk to her, I had to make that chance unavailable to them as soon as possible. And that's exactly what I did.

-

Hmm so Michael or Prince? I'm team Michael allll the way so y'all stay tuned for that!
Thank you guys so much for almost 200 views! It's not much but I just started writing this about a month ago and it's still a work in progress, but I appreciate all the votes and comments!

- amandangarret