Chapter 38 - Sorry

Ariana's POV

-

I blinked my eyes open and was immediately met with a beam of sunlight shining through the room. What took place last night instantly consumed my mind, and I couldn't help but to feel a rush of guilt for myself. I didn't want to let Michael in so easily, I wanted him to fight for me, and I wanted him to know that this wasn't going to be an easy fix. But instead, I let him in. Literally. But I couldn't lie to myself, I wanted what happened last night, and I don't regret it at all.

I sighed and rolled over, seeing if Michael was lying next to me, but he was gone. I looked around in confusion, "Michael?" I called out.

"I'm in here sweetheart." Michael's gentle voice came from the bathroom, he walked around the corner as he was tying a low bun in his curly hair. I smiled at the sight of him, I had been wanting to wake up to his face for months now.

"Good morning." I cheesed at him, making him laugh and walk over to me, planting a sweet kiss on my lips.

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet," I laughed, pulling away from him.

"I know, and I don't care." Michael smiled at me, kissing my lips softly again, "And I'll do it again," He pecked my lips, "And again." He kissed me one last time.

I laughed before pushing him gently off of me and walking towards the bathroom, "You're something else." I said to him before tying up my hair to wash my face and brush my teeth in one of Michaels big t shirts. Michael walked behind me and hugged me around my waist.

"I missed you," Michael said, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I missed you too." I admitted truthfully, "But can I tell you something?"

"Anything." Michael said.

"I don't regret anything that happened last night," I started.

"Oh me neither, that was one of the best nights of my life." Michael said excitedly making me laugh.

"No seriously, Michael. I don't regret it. I just want you to know that it doesn't mean everything is okay now. I'm still very heartbroken about what happened and there's still a lot to be fixed between us. My trust is at a zero with you, and I'm sure you know that." I confessed.

"I know that, yes." Michael nodded, turning to face me. "And I want you to know that I'm willing to do absolutely anything to earn that back, anything Ariana."

I tried to believe him, but I couldn't bring myself to do that just yet, "Okay." I said simply nodding my head.

"You don't believe me, do you?" He asked looking deeply at me.

I shook my head, "I don't, can you blame me?"

Michael grabbed the sides of my arms, "I never will blame you for that, ok? Anything you have a problem with, tell me and I will fix it right away. I know my words don't mean much right now, but my actions will show it too because I know that wasn't always the case in the past."

"I want you to be my safe space again, that's all I want. We're going to be different people moving forward, it's going to be like a new beginning for us," I smiled slightly up at him, "But it'll be different. Slow, and easy paced." I finished.

"Exactly, and I understand Ariana. I just can't lose you like that again." Michael said with slight sadness in his eyes.

I examined Michael's face before I hugged him tightly and rested my head on his chest, "I was so lost without you, you have no idea."

Michael stayed quiet for a moment as he ran his hand on my hair gently, "I can't even begin to describe how I felt without you. Watching you move on with life without me, wondering if you found somebody else." Michael's voice got quiet with his last sentence.