Chapter 9 - Dinner Business Part 2

Ariana's POV
-
Michael's eyes were still burning at me as I hugged everyone and said my goodbyes. All I could think about was Michael declining my goodbye because of everyone's discussion earlier about Prince. He looked furious the whole time I spoke about him, so I tried avoiding the conversation as much as possible.

"Bye girl, you better be coming back soon." Janet told me, opening her arms for a hug. Janet and I had grown so close tonight, it was crazy. I could see myself being life long friends with her.

"You know I have to," I smiled as I hugged her tightly, "And you have to come to the club here soon." I told her pulling away.

"You already know," Janet smiled nicely before dismissing me to Michael who was standing by the staircase. I nervously brushed a piece of loose hair behind my hair as I walked up to him. He looked down at me and tried to plaster a smile on his face but I knew it was fake.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking up at him. He nervously looked at me then looked at his siblings from behind me.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" He looked down at me with a serious look on his face. My heart instantly dropped at his serious tone.

"Of course, yeah." I replied, looking back at Janet who shrugged at me. I turned back around looking down at our feet as Michael guided me to wherever he was taking me. We reached the back porch and he slid open the door, letting me walk out first before he followed.

Michael took a deep and heavy sigh as he walked in front of me, he folded his hands and held them under his chin as he stared at me for a slight moment, "Just be honest with me is all I ask."

"You have my word, what is it?" I asked him nervously, I had no idea what he was going to say.

"I don't care if you have relations with Prince," He started, the same serious look on his face, "It's none of my concern, really."

I gulped hard as he kept his strong, serious gaze with me. I guess it was good to know Michael wasn't mad in the way I thought he was, but it didn't add up. His behavior in the living room was telling me something else.

"Then what was that behavior back there?" I questioned, obviously confused and I know Michael saw it.

"I-I just didn't want it to get in the way of our music, and you working with Quincy. It made me upset because I don't want things to end for you over some guy, you know?" He explained. I looked at him puzzled as he explained his reasoning. That couldn't be the reason he was mad, I knew it wasn't.

"My career comes first Michael, I promise. I've worked too hard to let it go." I smiled through my words, deciding to go along with whatever Michael was talking about.

Michael nodded, "I believe you." He smiled and I returned the favor, "And I apologize for my behavior in there." He told me shyly, looking down at his feet.

I laughed, "Don't feel bad, it's okay."

Michael smiled warmly at me before opening his arms for a hug, I rushed to him wrapping my arms around his torso, and his on top of my shoulders. As I let go, Michael made that same serious face.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, my arms still wrapped around him.

"It's about our song." Michael said walking over to the swing chair that was sitting on the porch. I stared at him for a while before walking over and sitting down next to him. He kept his elbows resting on his upper legs as he kept his gaze locked directly in front of him.

"What about it?"

"I'm thinking about releasing it." He looked over to me, licking his bottom lip.