Chapter 12 - Hurt

Michael's POV
-
Ariana's warm tears soaked through my thin white t shirt, my heart was broken for her. I kept picturing Prince hitting her over and over in my head only making me more upset.

"Why did he do this?" I asked her, barely above a whisper once I noticed she had calmed down. We were now just standing in the living area with her head resting on my chest.

She sniffled, "I don't know. I just walked in the house and turned the lights on and there he was, the first thing I was greeted with was a punch." She stayed quiet for a moment as I held her, "His face, Michael." Her voice cracked again, but she held in her tears, "I tried to scream, hoping maybe you were still outside, maybe you could've heard me." She wept into my chest once again. I felt my heart drop at her words, I didn't hear her. I could've saved her. If only I knew what would happen when she closed that door.

"I'm sorry," I said into her hair as I held her tightly. "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, please don't think this is your fault, Michael." Ariana looked up from my chest, purple and blue was starting to form around her eyes, her left cheek was swollen, and dry blood crusted on her bottom lip.

"Let's get you cleaned up," I told her and walked her upstairs to my bathroom, "Where are your shoes?" I asked her looking down at her bare small feet.

She chuckled lightly, "I kicked them off, I felt so weak trying to get out of that house, I kept tripping over in them."

"You were weak?" I paused as I pulled out a clean towel for her, "Ariana you have to go get checked, did you hit your head?" I walked over to her checking her head for any bumps.

"Only when he knocked me down the first time, but I feel fine now." She stood there as I proceeded to look for bumps anywhere on her head.

"Once I clean you up, you're laying down and drinking water. Do not get up once you lay down." I grabbed both of her shoulders gently looking her straight in the eye. She nodded her head simply so I continued to wet the towel and wipe the dried blood from her face. I brushed a piece of her messy hair behind her ear. So beautiful.

"I'm gonna go get you ice for your eye and cheek," I told her.

"Do I really look that bad? I'm scared to look."

I sighed and grabbed her hand, lifting her up from where she was sitting on the toilet seat. I walked her over to the mirror, but Ariana quickly covered her eyes with her hands, "Ariana," I called her name softly.

"He really messed me up, didn't he?" Her voice muffled through her hands.

"If you don't wanna look you don't have to, it's alright. You can wait a couple days." I told said.

"Okay." She nodded before we walked down to the kitchen to get ice. I held her hand tight and held her waist as we walked, making sure she wouldn't fall over just in case she got woozy again, "I'm gonna lay you down on the couch, don't get up unless I say." I said lifting her up, carrying her princess style to the couch. I set her down carefully, resting a pillow under her head.

"I appreciate everything you're doing Michael, thank you so much." She said, stopping me from my walk into the kitchen.

"You deserve it." I nodded my head politely, I could've said so much more in that moment. But I couldn't, she had been through so much tonight I couldn't put any more weight on her shoulders. She smiled back at me, making that my queue to walk into the kitchen and grab her some ice and a tall glass of water to keep her hydrated. I walked out with both in my hand, sitting down on the empty space on the couch next to her.