Emma 5.

I went home late afternoon with Olivia falling asleep at the foot of the bed again. I said goodbye to Oliver and walked home.

"Emily your sisters home" my mother called out

"Finally!" Emily shouted from the kitchen

Emily quickly ran down the stairs skipping to at a time and jumped into my arms, is smelt her coconut shampoo in her hair and hugged her back. She ran off to her room singing a song she learned from school. And I went upstairs hugging moms shoulder as she made spaghetti humming to her wedding song. I went to my room and looked at my phone and noticed four missed calls from a random number. I quickly called the number back and heard a deep voice speak.

"Hi is this Emma Thompson?" the voice asked

"yeah that would be me" she replied with a shaky voice knowing exactly what would come after

"Hi this is Michigan county Jail and we have an inmate that would like to speak to you"

"Oh ok"

after replying she got ready to her him. Her father she had spent so long missing.

"Hey Ems how are you?"

"Hey i'm good how's jail"

He laughed at her comment and started speaking again

"same old same ol" he laughed

They ended up talking for half an hour about how school was, how the twins were, mom and Emily, when the guard came in and said that dad needed to leave.

"Okay goodbye angel" his voice cracked knowing it would be along time before they spoke again

"Bye dad" she replied as a slow tear tickled down her cheek and the line ended leaving her feeling empty and alone.

She quickly left her room and asked her mom if she could stop by the twin's house to say goodnight to them. She ran across the street tiptoeing in the house going to the room down the hall and walked into the darkness waking up Oliver.