Rant (kind of): Dear Parents...

An open letter to our ever-so-dear parents.

Dear Parents,

Coming into my room after yelling at me and telling me to stop crying and that it's all my fault does not help.

Coming into my room after yelling at me and apologizing without meaning any of your words does not help stem my tears.

Coming into my room after yelling at me and standing there silently, then sighing and walking away does not help.

Nothing you do will ever heal the scars that you inflicted. 

Telling me that I failed when I already know that does not help.

Scolding me after I have mentally killed myself ten times from shame does not help.

Begging me to talk to you after I have cried, then yelling at me for telling you how I feel and why does not help.

Your words are only mountains of salt rubbed into my wounded heart.

Ignoring my achievments and screaming about my mistakes does not push me to be better; it makes me feels worthless.

Ignoring me when I need you, and yelling at me for being prideful and not asking for help later, does not teach me to speak up; it tells me that I am unimportant.

Ignoring my cries for help does not allow me to take matters into my own hands, it makes me feel alone and helpless.

You ignore the wounds that you have inflicted as they grow infected.

Even when I am older, I will remember the way you turned your back.

Even when I am older, I will be able to recall the words that you threw at me.

Even when I am older, I will think back to how you gave up on taming the untameable.

Even when I am older, I will feel the sting, the pain, the burn under my skin.

Even when I am older, I will know that nothing is ever enough.

The scars you gave me will last forever.

Sincerely,

~ElaineKane

GODS I read this after I wrote it and it is really dam depressing.

So I'm sorry for that.

:/