Rant: "I Hate Myself"

Written on a friend's behalf, not my rant really, but I do feel this way towards this subject as well.

Sure, sometimes we all feel down. Sometimes we all feel worthless, like the world really doesn't need us anymore. Sometimes we all feel like large moving piles of schist.

However, there should be a limit to how much you can tell yourself that kind of stuff. I mean, sure, you may not have a Vogue magazine cover face or body, and you probably aren't as intelligent as Ender Wiggin, and you may be slower than Usain Bolt, but that doesn't mean you are completely and absolutely useless.

Even I'm not useless. I may not be very pretty, especially when I don't try (which is most of the time), but I can sprint short distances fast, and I can make some people smile, and I can cuss for others who won't. I actually do have things I can do, such as writing this entire rant for a friend who didn't.

Some people say that having self-confidence is stupid, because then you break harder when people hate on you.

WRONG.

If you have self-confidence, you should, never, ever break down. The only people who break down are those who doubt themselves and feel insecure. Being insecure about yourself is basically opening yourself to receive all insults in acquiescence(acceptance w/o protest, sorry, recently had a vocab quiz and the word was there). To have no self-confidence is to have no wall to block rocks thrown at you and no catapult to shoot them back. If you have absolutely no belief in yourself, 1) you're already hurting yourself 2) you are making it so much easier for others to hurt you.

What happens when you have no self-confidence:

1. You typically hate yourself, hurting yourself

2. You believe what other people, haters, tell you

3. You hate yourself more

4. You hurt others, your friends sometimes

5. You never believe any compliment you get

So whoever said self-confidence would only cause you to fall harder lied. Self-confidence can save you from falling.

Think of it this way: having self-confidence is having wings. You fly with self-confidence. You feel wonderful about yourself, and you soar. Even if someone's insults rip off your wings and send you crashing headfirst to the cold ground, you can regrow your wings, and you've already had the sense of flying. I say this rather often to people around me when they have no hope or self-confidence for fear of dropping after flying: "I would rather fly and fall than to have never flown at all."

Also, I'd just like to say to anybody who is like this: You may not know it, but you are hurting the people around you, too, by constantly hating on yourself when they are trying to hard to make you feel loved.

Yayyyyy Hella short but I have two projects due Friday, one of which I STILL have not started, so ciao my friends and stop hating on yoself.

There will be another rant-ish thing coming out about another friend of mine but I seriously do not have time and by now my dad is mad at me because I was writing this and ddn't cook the rice but oh whale.