Chapter twenty six- Peggy the big brain

(A/N Even though they have British accents, I still can't imagine them with an accent. I just read it in my plain boring terrible American accent, and then catch myself later like 'Right their British-')

I blinked open my eyes to see bright lights filtering through the blue curtains of the Ravenclaw boys dorms, making the room a shade of royal blue. I blinked a couple more times, yawned, and then realized John was gone. Was he ever here? I don't know. I don't remember anything from last night.

John crashed into me in the field... Then he told me some news. And Then I hopped on my broom and flew t my dorm, and checked on Pip like always. There had been something different with Pip. I remembered, putting a pencil to my temple to help me concentrate.

Pip was.... Yeah, Pip's a girl! That was the news. But why was that so important that John smashed through the window to get here? I ended up slamming my head on my bedside table, trying to get my memory to work, almost knocking over my little cactus Jefferson had given me a long time ago. I don't know why I kept it.

It had been the one sweet thing Jefferson had done for me. I think I had been walking down the hallway with him when we ran into John, which we had just saw him walking in the opposite direction, so it was confusing why he was there. And then Jefferson noticed I was watching John and realized I looked sad. So then he bought me the present to help me feel better.

I gently tapped the cactus. Then realized I was thinking of Jefferson and mentally freaked out. I don't still like him, do I? I mean, I never liked him. I just... when he gave me that cactus, it was the one time he ever did something sweet for me. 

I want to bring that sweet side out of him again. He'll be recovering in two weeks, I can maybe talk to him then. I was so disappointed when Dumbledore didn't expel him, but I guess now it was a not super bad thing, because we could talk again. Yeah. I do wan't to talk to him. I want to tell him to the face that I don't love him, I don't regret what I did to him, and that maybe we could be friends, if these experiences have changed him. 

I wanted to do that. But I don't know if I'll be able to go near him, after what he's done to me. I'll work up the courage somehow. I need to tell him how much I hate him before the year ends, that's my goal. But maybe also form a friendship.

Maybe I would become the ultimate Peace Maker, with my Bringer of Death bodyguard. I would cut ties between me and all my enemies, and maybe make friends with them in the process! I could help other people who are struggling with bullies and fix everything. How I wish that could become a reality.

I smiled to myself a bit, finally looking at Jefferson as the person I can be okay around instead of Demon-I-must-obey-or-I-die-and-I-will-forever-fear-him. I twisted around in bed, then pushed myself upwards. I noticed a small bundle of cloth in the corner, where Pip usually slept. Pip... THAT'S WHAT IT WAS! PIP HAD EGGS! I suddenly remembered, mentally facepalming at how idiotic I was.

My smile grew wide and I jumped off my bed, rushing towards the blanket.

"Alex!" Someone called.

I paused, halfway to the blanket. I looked over and saw Peggy in the doorway to the dormitory.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Er um, nothing, come on there's something important outside of this room," Peggy said.

"I have got check on something," I said quickly.

"NO NO! Um I mean't, this is more important," Peggy said.

I took a glance as the blanket. I saw a bit of blue-purple feathers move inside it. Pip will protect them. I thought, walking towards Peggy.