Chapter 27- Welp, The Universe Is Testing Us

"Why? What's up?" I asked him back, feeling a little annoyed. I didn't want Fancy-Ass to know I had any connections with Vastel, in case he got curious.

"My house is, you know, remember?"

Right, bugged. "Sure, I'll meet up with you later. Location?"

"That famous 2D café on Sabvia Street. Let's meet there. Bring Airi too."

"Got it. Anything else?"

"Nah, we'll talk after work."

I hung up right before Fancy-Ass walked out wearing his clothes from yesterday. I felt a bit bad for not having his size of clothing, I know how it feels to wear clothes from the previous night. He caught me staring a bit too long, "Is there something that looks weird?"

I shook my head. Nothing looked weird. In fact, he looked perfect as always, even in his wrinkled clothes. "You know, I've always wondered something," he said, walking towards me.

"Yes?" I forced a crooked smile, taking a step back with each step he took to get to me. My brain was alerting me to run, escape, hide, to at least do something to avoid potential danger.

He suddenly sped up, tackling me onto the floor. "Are you ticklish?" he yelled, starting to tickle me like crazy. I squirmed as the funny sensation of his fingers shot through my body. I tried to hold back my laughter. I hated being tickled, if I were to be dead honest. It's just really strange, and kinda ruins my image. The mere thought of being tickled sent shivers down my spine. Yet, there I was, being tickled to death. The sound I made were, let's just say, inappropriate and sort of inhuman. We'll leave at that. I have no idea why he thought that tickling me was a good decision.

"Aight, you two, lovey-dovey time over. We have to head to work," I heard Airi said as she tore us away from each other. "I've got the pictures, just so you know."

"What?" I asked, thinking that had perhaps misheard her from all the adrenaline rush I had just now.

She turned to face me. Smirking, she asked playfully, "What?"

I rolled my eyes, knowing that what I had heard was probably right, and she was going to blackmail me with those images at some point of our friendship.

"Do you want breakfast?" Fancy-Ass wrapped his arm around the back of my neck. He offered, "We can grab some, I'll pay."

Airi squealed, "Really? That's so nice, Mr. Boss-Man."

I pushed him away, "Personal space, we talked about this. And, yes, breakfast, it's fine, you don't have to."

Airi hushed me, "Oh, c'mon. It's free food. You are the only person I can think of that would reject free food."

"No, we can afford it, so just shut up, and pay for your own food. He doesn't have to do this," I told her while walking down the stairs as fast as possible, not wanting to waste a second of precious breakfast buying time.

Seeing both Airi and Fancy-Ass were still walking down the stairs, I pulled out my phone out and texted Airi about Vastel's call. I knew there was no way we could talk about it privately today, even at work. I had to tell her somehow.

"Let's go, we are gonna get the breakfast all of us deserve," Fancy-Ass pulled my hand towards his car. For some reasons, he seemed as blinding as the morning sun.

"Oh, wow, a Ferrari. Fancy!" Airi commented when she saw the car. Her eyes sparkled, "Can this do the cool no-roof thing?"

"Sure, you want that?"

Airi vigorously nodded her head, clearly excited for a no-roof drive.

Before getting on to the car, Fancy-Ass' phone rang. He picked it up and his expression completely changed. He made a few sounds before hanging up. He looked disappointed as he told us, "Sorry, guys, I don't think we can gave breakfast together. I'll still drop you off at office, alright?"