Chapter 6- Oh, Fancy Restaurants!

That morning when I got off his car I was happy that he wasn't a kidnapper. I was alive and kicking. But, nope, the universe decided that letting me live was not an option, so that afternoon I was back in his car again. Once again, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it out alive. Just that I knew who he was, which kinda made things scarier.

All my regrettable decisions were very much ineffable. I was sitting in the car with him in silence, once more. The only difference was I did not know where we were going. I wanted to bawl and throw a tantrum like a child. Of course, that probably would not be very smart nor would it help me save my job. 'Guess I would have to save that for later,' I said to myself.

He halted as we encountered a red light. "So, was gossiping about me fun?" He asked so suddenly that thought I was hearing things.

I had to confirm, "Sorry, what?"

"Was it fun? Gossiping about me?"

"I- I can't- I don't- I don't know, it just came up. And I said things I shouldn't have said on accident. Please don't fire me!" I pleaded, both palms put together, facing him.

It could be that I had startled him because he had never seen someone plead like that or he just found me amusing. Either way, I just hoped that he could understand me and just let me continue working there.

With confusion in his tone he asked, "Um, what?"

"Weren't you going to fire me?" I asked him back unsure of what his answers were, filling the atmosphere with uncertainty.

"I wasn't?"

"You weren't? Really?"

"Yes, really. 100% sure about it."

OH. MY. GODS. The breath I never knew I was holding was released. He questioned, "Why on Earth would I fire one of my best designers?"

I looked at him in disbelief. I was worried my ears were playing tricks on me, "Can you repeat that but slowly, please?"

"Hm? Okay." He spoke in slow-motion, "Why on Earth would I fire one of my best designers?"

I scratched the back of my neck in realisation. I knew that people who were talented that weren't from the headquarters would be asked to join them. If my guesses were correct then his motive was to...... I did not want to get my hopes up, so I started, "Then, the reason you came here was to......"

"To invite you over to HQ, of course," He finished (Holy crap, a cute powerful guy just finished my sentence! * Cough cough *). "I saw your work and I thought, 'Hey, why not.' So, here we are, I guess."

We finally stopped at the fanciest hotel I knew, Felciao. Not going to lie, I was secretly excited. Like, come on, that was the priciest hotel in town. Just thinking about the price made me nauseous. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder like how a (straight) man would hold his female companion when we stepped through the giant entrance. He guided me through the staff and people down the corridor. He only let go of me when we had reached the lift. I actually appreciated him guiding me with all the people there for I would have gotten lost if not for his help. Let's just say, I do not have a good sense of direction.

The hotel was well known for their fancily expensive restaurant located at Floor 55, the tallest floor. The moment we stepped into it, I was already stressed out by the hused yet tense atmosphere.

"Hey, relax," He whispered to me. Grabbing my hand, much more gently than he did that morning, leading me to one of the reserved tables near the windows.

The night view from that high up was stunning, yet my mind was a mess. A question just repeated in my head, over and over again, 'What the heck just happened?'