Chapter 23- Vastel...Is Weird

Good question. It was a question neither of us had an answer to. Hey, at least we now have a place to begin with? We had seen her face, things were slightly easier for all of us. The only problem was, how would we find her?

"Sir, if this is all you need, I will have to ask you to leave," the man said, already trying to push all of us out. What he did was understandable, we were really interrupting his work. Yet, Vastel insisted on him letting us keep a copy of the footages. The man shook his head, "Sir, that is against the law!"

"No one needs to know this, yes? You will also certainly get rewarded more than we had initially promised," Vastel, once again, tried to bribe him.

"Sir, having a copy, is just too-"

"Ah, don't worry. This will be your reward," he typed in numbers unknown to both Airi and I into his phone. He showed the man, "Plus a promotion."

The man gulped, confused and scared he asked, "How will I know you aren't lying to me?"

Vastel smiled at him, as if he was mocking him, "Why, I live here, senor. You can find me at the ninth floor, my name is Vastel Von Ludwig."

The guard looked at him in disbelief, "I'm sorry, sir, I didn't know that you are a resident. Please excuse my ignorance." His hands then started to move so fast, I think the poor guy was trying to not his cool. Though, I wonder how much power did Vastel had, if he could make the guard change his opinion in a blink of an eye. Instinctively, I wanted to keep my distance as much as possible, try to get on his good side or something. I mean, I knew he was help, but I didn't know he'd be this much help. Yet, one question remains, if he was this influential, finding my brother should be an easy task. Even if he can't find him over the past two years, there should be leads. Right?

Something just wasn't right. I was certain. I had to somehow test the waters, now wasn't the right time, too many people were around.

"S-sir, here are all the footages you asked for," the man handed Vastel his phone with both hands. "Please, sir, I have a wife and children to feed. Please don't take my job away."

Vastel smiled again at him, "Of course not, you will be rewarded as promised. Have a good evening, sir." With that, Vastel led us out of the office. I could hear the guard reply under his breath, "Thank you, sir. You have a good evening too."

The three of us walked out of the main door. Airi broke the silence, she asked Vastel, "So, what are you going to do now?"

"Since it's a guess that my place might be bugged, might as well stay there for a while. It's better to not alarm the suspect by not being present, yes?"

"True, take care of yourself. We will be off now," Airi tugged my hand, signalling me to leave with her.

"Aw, such concern for lil' old me? That's cute. Don't you want my phone number? It'll be easier for the both of us," he stopped us.

Airi sighed, handing him her card, "Sure. Just don't call me at inappropriate times."

"Okay," he smirked, keeping her card into his pocket.

"Let's go, Tol, we have to work tomorrow," Airi urged me. I knew she felt uncomfortable with Vastel's flirtiness, I couldn't blame her either.

I waved back to Vastel, as farewell. However, what I saw spine chilling. He shot me a smile, as if to say he knew my doubts. I gulped, trying to swallow the eerie and unsettling feeling away. It wasn't normal that he could read me so openly. There was no way I had let my emotions show. No way.

"Hey, Tol?" Airi nudge me as we got onto the car.

"Yeah?"

"Was he always like that?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know, everything feels...off."