Chapter 10- My Job Is On The Line, Again

Warm... That was my first instinct. There was something warm, beside me. I reached out to grab it, trying to get more of the warmth. I was not really fully conscious. Everything hurt, my neck felt stiff and very uncomfortable, my hips were sore and my shoulders were tight. I adjusted myself in a fetus position to get more comfortable. Everything was soft and fluffy and warm, I did not want the moment to go to waste so I kept my eyes closed for a little longer. It felt safe and it was as if I could trust it even though I had no idea what was happening. Soon, I drifted off again.

●◦●◦●◦

I was awoken by the blinding rays of the sun piercing my skin. Irritated, I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was nothing but a blur. I remembered that I did not have my glasses on, that's why. I tried to reach out to find for my glasses. I could have literally been considered as blind, it was as if I needed glasses to find my glasses. I hated the fact that finding my glasses was such I pain, that I had almost given up. Every inch I felt was just the bed, still the bed, and more of the bed.

I was ready to give up and go back to sleep as I had decided that it was probably just a dream. I was about to ignore the world and went back to my sleeping position. Just right after I closed my eyes, I heard the door creaked open.

"Oh, you are still asleep?" an oh-so-familiar voice spoke. I panicked, knowing the voice, I pretended to be asleep. I could hear footsteps and my own heart pounding. I felt sweat rolling down, along my hairline and onto the bed. I could feel his presence and his stare. I did not want to face him nor did I want to explain anything. I stayed still, very still, or, at least I tried to.

I sensed him towering me on the bed. His index finger poked my face. He then proceeded to trace his fingers all over my features, from my eyebrows to my lips. I wanted to just jump up and scream at him. I was getting ready, but he leaned down and playfully spoke into my ear, "C'mon, time to wake up, princess."

In an instant, my eyes opened wide. I pushed him away and scrambled far away from him on the bed in an attempt to escape. I couldn't tell how he looked but I think he was shocked.

"Oh, uh, sorry, I thought you were still asleep. I got you a new pair of glasses though," he said, putting down a pair of glasses before leaving.

I remained where I was until he left. I crawled so fast to get my glasses from the other side of the bed I nearly fell off of it. It wasn't my original pair, I could only tell you that much. The size and the colour were different but I did not let that bother me that much. I had yet to look myself in the mirror.

That wasn't exactly my issue, no, it was the realisation that I was indeed not in my own house. I had no idea how big the building was, I did not even know how the rest of the house looked like. The only place I was a little familiar with was the room I was in, with a king size bed covered in a solid wine coloured sheet, four lilac walls and a huge light warm brown dresser. There was a small white couch near the window and a tall lamp to the right. A fur rug was under it, hiding the wooden floor.

I could see clearer than before. The only thing that was covering my body was an oversized pony T-shirt and my own boxers. I felt even more exposed than ever. I made an attempt to find for him so I could get my clothes back and yeet myself out of there.

I wandered down a corridor and passed rooms with closed doors. It wasn't a very big place, but I could tell it was luxurious. Every corner looked sparkling clean and well maintained. Though, it wasn't very colourful, it looked modern and stylish. Finally, I found him in the kitchen cooking. 'Bacon and pancakes,' I told myself.

"H-Hey," I greeted, unsure if he would chase me out.

He swirled his body around and smiled, "Good to see that you are up and kicking."

"Yeah, I'm sorry you had to do this, I'll go now. I need my clothes though."

"Oh, no, stay for breakfast. I helped you call your work place and called you in sick. Your clothes are in the dryer."

Is this guy serious? Oh, Gods, I needed to make up an excuse for not going to work. I knew my manager wouldn't just buy anything I said. And my designs! The deadline was just around the corner. It wasn't like I was ungrateful for him bringing me back to his house, I had not ask him about the troubles I caused, I had not yet thank him buy my job-

He interrupted me having a crisis by saying, "Hey, don't just stand there, take a seat." So, I did. I knew my manager, my best friend and Fancy-Ass was not going to be happy that I was absent without a reason.