Chapter 26- Ah, Crap, Here We Go Again

You ever slept with a surprisingly cuddly person? Yeah, apparently he's someone like that. I woke up to his firm and tight embrace in the middle of the night unexpectedly, my back was literally being squished into his chest. I did not attempt to break free for I did not want to startle him or wake him up. It was incredibly uncomfortable for two particular reasons. One, the position I was in was really awkward, my posture was off and half of my body was numb. Two, it's something we talked about before. Yes, my personal space at that point was non-existent.

A literal war broke out between my heart and my brain. They were just going off, debating about whether or not pushing him away was a good idea. It was extremely annoying and irritating, yet all I could do was nothing but listen to them fighting.

Finally, I tried to adjust my body a little bit. Of course, things did not go my way as he gripped my waist tighter than before, restricting my movements even further. I quietly sighed, trying to get back to sleep, ignoring both my outer and inner inconvenience.

Spoiler alert, it failed terribly. I did not sleep another wink for the rest of the night, until 30 seconds before the deafening sound of my alarm clock interrupted my semi-dream. To top that off, Fancy-Ass decided to squeeze the lights out of me when I refused to wake up. I had no choice but to force myself to wake up and get ready for the day. My day was partly ruined with not enough sleep, terrible headache, and a person who forgot about personal space.

I put on my glasses, hoping to make things seem less fuzzy. I walked into the bathroom, hoping that the warmth of the water will soothe my pain, or, at least, turn it down a bit.

I brewed some coffee the moment I got dressed, not even bothering to dry my hair. My vision was suddenly covered by a piece of towel, followed by ruffling.

"Drying your hair is incredibly important. Catching a cold isn't fun," I could hear Fancy-Ass saying. I would never understand how he could just so casually walk up to someone and do this to them. It wasn't like it was displeasing, it was just that it was such a foreign concept to me. I kept quiet, deciding not to say anything about his actions. I could tell the guy was trying to be my friend, and I felt sorry for being sort of selfish towards him.

"When's the wedding?" I heard Airi asked from the couch.

I pretended not to know what she was saying. "What? Shouldn't you start preparing for the day? The bathroom's free now."

She stood up and walked towards the both of us, "I know you two just slept together in a room, but, get a room you two."

"J-Just go bathe already," Fancy-Ass blurted out, endeavouring to shoo her away.

"Okay, okay, sorry to disturb your adult fun time. Also, Luzien, please, put on a shirt," she teased, before vanishing into the bathroom.

I swear, she knows how to make things compromising, she has a talent for that. I could feel Fancy-Ass removing the towel, "Yeah, that's dry enough."

"S-sure thing, thanks anyway," I didn't dare to even look at him, in fear of him addressing how red my face was. "You should get ready too, we should leave, if we want breakfast."

He grunted, proceeded to grab his clothing from yesterday night, and entered my room to change. I was left alone, with my coffee and some peace.

Unfortunately, the well-known ringtone of my phone destroyed what little peace I had that day. I picked it up without seeing the caller ID. The sign that a very bad day was about to begin when I heard Vastel's voice. He asked, "You guys free after work today?"