Chapter 8- Annoying People And Steaks

I just wanted to say adios to the place. You know those awkward moments that you don’t want to be in? Yeah, it’s basically that. I just wanted to go home and hug Samson. Samson is my plastic skeleton friend (Yes, I’m that lonely.), I make them try on my newly designed clothes sometimes.

“He’s not my toy,” Fancy-Ass replied, irritated. “He’s just a very talented designer.”

Oh, wow, he said that, in public. I was very much flattered by the fact that he not only he managed to tell Red Tie off but somehow praised me at the same time.

Red Tie nodded, “Okay.” The way he said it was so curt, the tone was so laid back yet sarcastic, in a way, it was almost insulting.

“Then, can you please go back now? Don’t you have anyone with you?” Fancy-Ass asked in such a desperate tone I felt sorry for him for having to deal with people like that. Personally, I would never like to get involved with anyone like Red Tie, it was too much work. I guess CEOs like Fancy-Ass had to do it no matter what or he was just used to doing it. Either way, I was grateful that I was not destined to be a rich powerful person who has to interact with multiple human beings. All I ever had to do was to deal models and the designs, that’s it. Even so, I felt like having to take care models who don’t take care of themselves is a big hassle. It was a good thing that I did not have to work with too many models.

Anyway, Red Tie gave me his card and said, “Since you aren’t his toy and all, call me, cutie.” He winked at me then walked away, hands stuffed into his pocket. I gazed as his bleached hair disappeared out of the door. I did not know what to feel except for confusion.

“I’m sorry he’s like this,” Fancy-Ass apologized.

“No, no, it’s fine. You don’t have to apologize, it’s not your fault he’s like this. I’m fine with it,” I reassured him. Alright, I know, I lied a little there saying that I was fine with it. The dude already apologized on behalf of his friend! What was I supposed to do? Just tell him that I was uncomfortable and make him even more guilty? No way.

Finally, the food came. It looked deliciously mouth-watering, with a piece of beautiful medium rare New York strip. I gulped, not knowing where to start, hesitating on whether or not I should ruin it. It was like once in a life time experience. The question that had been on my mind for a while accidently slipped out as I bit into the first bite, “Do you always take your employees who are going to HQ to fancy restaurants?”

He looked at me a bit taken aback. When I realised what I had done, I quickly tried to clear things up, “Uh, I mean, you brought me here for some reasons and I wanted to know, okay?”

He nodded understandingly, “No, not really.”

He made more questions now that he had answered. Yet, I decided to let it go, it wasn’t my place to bug how he worked.

We talked about the things at HQ and he explained to me how it worked there, why it was better, the payments, the job scheme. In short, by the end of the dinner I was already attracted by the pay and how only each designer has only one model. I wanted to agree on going on the spot however I thought of Airi. She was one of the few friends I had left who could tolerate me, I was not ready to let go.

“I’ll think about it,” I told Fancy-Ass. I just wasn’t ready to be separated from Airi.

“That’s alright, you have a month to think about it,” he shrugged. “I’ll be here for a month.” 

Upon hearing that, I almost choked on my food. He’d be here, for a month?