14|Back Where We Started

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

14|Back Where We Started⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Louisa counted 4 wrigs — our hours — before the Benatar arrived at Knowhere. Each of the Guardians knew that one way or another they'd have to face Thanos soon. Louisa paced in her room.

Her mind was quite occupied, it was the first time since she and Ethan had gotten together that they would be apart for a longer amount of time, and of course Louisa was flying out to most likely fight Thanos.

Louisa whipped around as she felt a heavy hand on her shoulder "We're here, let's go." Peter signed and Louisa nodded in response, the father and daughter exited the Benetar and met up with their teammates.

Everything looked deserted, a red hue in the atmosphere and flames on debris as far as the eye could see. Louisa glanced down at the body of a girl. Recognition flickered in her eyes. That girl was Groot's flower girl.

"This place looks deserted," Peter spoke up, instinctively creeping closer to Louisa and Gamora "I'm reading movement from the third quadrant," Drax called, eyes trained on the gadget Louisa had made "Me too," Louisa added, eyes reading everything her teammates were saying on her extended headset.

"Yep. I'm picking that up, too. Let's stop it right here." Peter stopped the hoverpad and the Guardians jumped off, landing on the ground. They carefully snuck into the ruins of the Collector's collection room. Barley anything was still standing.

The group hid behind the structures of shelves that once held unique creatures and artefacts. Drax noted the dog in a space suit running past him.

"I don't have it," The Collector groaned, looking up at Thanos "Everyone in the Galaxy knows you'd sell your own brother if you thought it would add the slightest trinket to your pathetic collection."

Peter stopped walking, and held up a fist. Everybody quietly walked past him.

"I know you have the Reality Stone, Tivan. Giving it to me will spare you a great deal of suffering." Thanos placed a heavy boot on the middle of the Collector's chest and presses, making him splutter and gasp for air "I told you. I sold it. Why would I lie?" The Collector panted "I imagine it's like breathing for you."

"Like suicide."

Thanos grinned and pressed his foot ever so slightly more into the Collector's chest "So you do understand. Not even you would surrender something so precious."

"I didn't know what it was."

"Then you're more of a fool than I took you for. Last chance, charlatan. Where's the Stone?"