thirty-eight

Y/N can say that ever since her career started out as a solo artist, promoting her second album, this must have been the most embarassing situation she had ever gotten herself into. Never in her fucking life would forget how the infamous Kris Jenner herself barged in on her and Kendall when they were about to kiss.

To kiss! Oh god, she thought, shaking her head as she covered her face, which she knew is all red from all this embarassment she's feeling. Now, that she's sat in Kendall's living room like a kid, waiting for the two women in the kitchen to come back. Actually, she doesn't even have to say or do anything, since their distinct voices can be heard from the kitchen all the way to the living room.

"—then my phone should've rang! You didn't call, mom. I told you to call when you're coming!"

"I texted you! It's not my fault you didn't see my message honey," she heard Kris Jenner's voice, making the singer bit her lip. "Plus, I didn't know I'd walk in on you trying to frickle frackle with Y/N Clementine you should've gave me at least a hint that you're dating he—"

"You know I tell you everything and I will tell you everything, but we're just—" Kendall halted for a moment, then settled with; "We're still seeing how everything will work out okay?"

"I didn't even know you were gay!" She heard Kris Jenner laugh, only making Y/N feel more and more embarassed. "Oh honey, someone whose finally gay in the family. I knew it was going to be you!"

"Mom! Oh my god!"

Deciding it was time to intervene because it looked like they were forgetting that she was also there, the french singer slapped herself in the face and gave herself a small pep talk, knowing she shouldn't be so discouraged now that Kris Jenner has seen her almost kissing Kendall. I mean, she at least owes the mother of the person she was dating a proper explanation coming from her and a proper introduction.

"Um," she then let out when the two women were about to go on another bicker. Flushing, she flicked herself off and smiled, offering Kris Jenner her wonderful, charming smile that everyone had been nagging about (which isn't entirely true) but she's testing her luck. "I um, my name is Y/N Clementine, uh, Miss Jenner—" miss or mrs? Y/N contemplated, then shook it off, hearing the Miss sound more better. "—sorry we had to meet that way. I apologize that you had to see Kendall and I in that position."

Manners. Manners is key.

Kris, who seemed amused by this took a glance at her daughter who seemed like she was biting back a smile, shrugged. She knew the guys Kendall had been before could never have the face to face the mother of the child they were about to defile.

"But I swear to you we weren't doing anything wrong—we weren't even kissing, she was just. . sitting on my lap," Y/N blushes, though kept a smile on her face as she looked at Kris' neutral stare at her. "I never thought I'd be meeting the amazing Kris Jenner everyone has been talking about," she tried, charming her way to the woman's heart only making Kris raise her brows, looking back again at Kendall who didn't fight off her smile and just let her expression be.

And honestly, the charm seemed to be working.

"I know who you are," Kris finally gave the singer a smile, which Y/N sighed internally at. "I have heard of you from my daughter and your songs many times before, nice to meet you," she held out a hand in which the singer immediately shook firmly.

"You too Miss Jenner,"

"Oh honey, just call me Kris," the woman waved off, the grin of her face never fading. "You look beautiful in person, has anyone ever told you that?"