twenty-nine

“Y/N?”

“What?”

“You okay?” Mitch chuckles, looking at her. “You’ve been staring at that wall for about fifteen minutes now,” 

Shaking her head, the girl sighed deeply and crossed her arms from the couch, looking kind of gloomy. “Just. . . thinking.” 

“About what?” 

“Just some random stuff,” she murmurs, reaching out for her phone which has a bunch of message notifications. “My head is literally not working today – I’m just like,” she made an exploding noise. “ – that.” 

“Was last night that great?” 

“Oh shut up,” she sent Mitch a playful glare when she noticed the teasing tone in his voice. “It all went hell. I told you how Dina went all ape shit on me last night. And now they’re asking me if I can go have dinner in their apartment later.” 

“Well, are you going?” 

The singer shook her head. 

“Why not? Maybe she’ll apologize or something. You know she’s always hot headed – if not, she’s always a savage bitch or a playful bitch.” 

“I’m just not feeling it,” she sighs, rubbing her neck softly. “It’s better to let her cool down for a moment and stuff. I know she’s only looking out for my career.” 

“But what she said was way out of the line,” Mitch gave her a look. “Even I was offended when you told me what happened. She could’ve talked to you nicely with some more. . . careful words.” 

“She’s always like that, that’s why she’s a great publicist. You just have to. . get used to her I guess,”

“How about Dakota? Has she texted you yet?” Mitch teased, leaning back on the couch to give her a teasing smile. “She sounds cool. I’ve seen fifty shades. . she was – well, it’s great.” 

Letting out a laugh at his statement, Y/N could only shake her head, a smile plastered on her lips. “Fifty Shades. . I haven’t seen that movie. But maybe I will,” she hums. “She hasn’t texted me yet. It’s either one, she doesn’t want to talk to me anymore or two – she still haven’t found my number on her contact list. I saved my name as gimlet – you know, my drink.” 

Laughing, Mitch only shook his head. “You’re crazy.”

“I know,” snorts the singer. “Hey, remember that song we wrote – Meet Me In The Hallway? I think I want to work that out.” 

“Sure,” 

Earlier that morning, Sabel has been reaching out to her as well as Dina – and she felt like the two wanted to talk about what happened last night. But the thing was, Y/N didn’t want to. She won’t even deny that she was a bit hurt when Dina thought about her that way – because well, the two have known each other for about how many years now, and having to think that someone important to you thought of you that way that made it look like she doesn’t even know who you were, hurt. Dina’s important to her, not because she’s her publicist, it was because she was her friend before she even became her publicist. She would like to think that the woman was just doing her job, and that she was just looking out for Y/N – but that was too much. 

No one in the party last night even took a picture of them – nor someone was talking about her and Dakota in the internet. She was very cautious of what she was doing, and it was all harmless flirting, in which she was sure – Dakota was aware too. 

“I want a very, like – psychedelic feeling on it,” Y/N told Jeffrey later on after they got some lunch. “I feel like this could be the first track for the album. It just. . sets the vibes.”