four

"Babe?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you done reading?"

"Just one more page," Y/N murmured, feeling Lauren's arms tightening around her. "This is such a good book."

"Did you know that, that book already has a movie out?"

"Really? I bet the movie didn't do the book justice."

"I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews are really good and it won the Best Pictures in Oscars."

"Fuck I have to watch that, are the cast good?"

"Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer."

Y/N made a thinking face for a moment. "So that's where Timothée was known? I met him before and I have his number. That guy's pure fire. Straight outta' renaissance painting or something."

"True." Lauren chuckled on her ear, giving the girl in between her legs a kiss on her temple. "Is Timothée your guy type?"

"I don't really know. I'm not really picky. If I vibe with them and they're cool, sure. We'll see where it goes I guess."

"But I'm your type right?"

Y/N scoffed. "No. You only have green eyes that's why you're hot. I don't even know what I see in you," feeling the Cuban pinch her tummy, she yelped and slapped her hand off. "I'm kidding! Damn."

"You better be."

Neglecting the book since Lauren already got her distracted, Y/N put the book away and leaned back on the Cuban in contentment. "I'm not sleeping here tomorrow night, by the way."

Lauren knitted her brows at this. "Why not?"

"My team and I planned on getting drunk on Mitch and Sarah's apartment, don't worry - just the team and I. We planned on getting hammered since we couldn't celebrate Naomi's birthday next week because of schedule."

"Whose gonna look after you?"

"Well, Charlott- ow!"

"What were you saying?"

"I said Charlotte's-"

"Y/N!"

"I'm kidding! My manager is there," the girl laughs. "You gotta stop being jealous of her. She's not a threat or anything, she's just my buddy."

Rolling her eyes, Lauren played with their intertwined fingers. "Sure. As long as she stays in her lane I guess."

"She's not even gay,"

"You do know this phrase that goes, pasta's straight until it gets-"

"Wet. I know, mom." Y/N chuckles. "But it's not happening, I swear."

Lauren only hummed.

Smiling to herself, Y/N lets out small sigh as she looked down at their hands. Something feels amazing while it lasted. But it feels like shit when you have something in your hands, and in a blink of an eye, they're gone. That's how Y/N feels for some reason. Her momma always told her that you cannot please everyone in your journey and whether you like it or not, there are people who will always leave you even when you thought they won't. It terrified her.

"Lauren?"

"Mm?"

"I love you."

In that exact moment, she felt Lauren froze at the sudden confession. Y/N continued.

"I just want you to know, that after all this time, my heart belonged to you. I love you so much that it always terrified me, how you have this strong hold over my heart and my mind, that it drives me insane."