nine

Screaming like crazy while Mitch run after her around the studio, Y/N laughed loudly when the guy tripped over some wires, failing his attempt on whooping her ass. "You guys are literally children," Sarah told them when they settled down on the floor. "You'll break another guitar if you keep that up."

"Your boyfriend hates me for no reason," Y/N crossed her arms, smirking. "We have the most adorable love-hate relationship ever." Flicking her ear, Y/N yelped and threw a cushion pillow at Mitch who laughed. "You're such a jerk!"

"Not always,"

"Can we just go and finish this damn song people?" Charlotte whined. "I'm hungry."

"You heard what the princess said! Places, everyone!"

Clasping her hands, they all settled and tried to record a few more times - because Y/N always messes up and ends up messing with them too, which never really got them anywhere. Though, when they were done and decided to get some lunch outside, Y/N checked her phone for some messages and replied to them.

"She's pretty,"

Head snapping up, Y/N gave them a confused look. "Who?"

"Taylor Hill, you know, that girl that you were seen out that night you opened for Lizzo's?" Charlotte deadpans. "Unless you're really an asshole who forgets the name of people you fucked over."

Slapping her arm, Y/N glared at her. The girl only stuck her tongue out childishly. "She's someone I met years ago at some party while I was still in the band," she shared. "I really did look for her, but never got anywhere since there was so many things happening that time."

"So, like, you going to ask her out?" Mitch asked, munching on his pizza. "I think you guys make a really great couple."

"She's cool." She only smiled. She hasn't even texted Taylor after that night they spent together. She didn't know if she should, because maybe the girl is busy doing some model stuff - and on the other side, there was Lauren. Honestly, she didn't really know what to do. She was stuck. "Very charming girl too."

"Try," Charlotte encouraged her. "Nothing hurts to try. The media probably knows you're gay anyway."

"I don't care about the media,"

"Then go for it," Mitch egged on. "Unless you're still not over a certain someone . . "

Y/N rolled her eyes. They all knew her situation, and she didn't really wanna make Lauren feel like she's treasuring someone else, but she did find Taylor's company quite refreshing and joyful. She had a great time. It was nice hanging around someone she wasn't so familiar of for a change.

Ignoring their remarks and opening her phone, seeing there were no texts from Lauren - probably also busy, she opened Instagram. She hasn't been on the platform for so long, and for once, she wanted to see things for her own.

Her followers had increased variously over the months and after releasing the singles, and people had been tagging her on fan edits, pictures, and many more which she find quite thrilling. She even laughed at some memes they did, and hilarious comments to various situations that made her feel like a teenager again, with people tagging her and a lot of other amusing, yet funny stuff.

Though when her eyes caught a certain post, her smile immediately faded and was replaced by confusion, staring at the caption.

@lmjupdates Lauren with Eric Thompson in LA, Free-Will Gathering Event.

And it was a picture of Eric, her neighbor, and then Lauren. The guy had an arm around the Cuban while they smiled at the camera, making Y/N knit her brows furthurmore. It was also dated the day when she opened for Lizzo, and then suddenly, everything click well together.