sixteen

Lauren just got home when Mitch called her. 

She just had a long day at the studio and went on a few interviews her team got her into, and was just about to text Y/N because she always leave her a message whenever she got home and was done for the day. It was hard not seeing the girl because she was used to seeing her almost every day, and that’s why when she started traveling for promo, it was pretty hard for both of them to adjust. But it was okay now though, Y/N told her she’d be flying home tomorrow, which gave Lauren some energy and a day to look out to. 

Until, Mitch called. 

“Hello?” 

“Lauren?” 

Knitting her brows because the number was unknown, Lauren said; “This is her speaking.” 

“It’s Mitchell. Can you please come quick to the address I’m sending you?”

“Sure. . . is something wrong? Where’s Y/N?” she asked in concern, because Mitch never called her before and all of this seemed so foreign. 

“Something happened.” 

And just like that, she didn’t even bother to change and was already on her way to the address Mitch sent her. Her head was all over the place. She couldn’t describe the feeling she was feeling at the moment, but all shit that was running inside her head is that please let Y/N be okay. She didn’t know what to think because Mitch never told her further more details, so she stayed calm as she could. The address Mitch sent her led  her to a house – it was around some amazing neighborhood, and Lauren can’t help but feel confused as to why Y/N was there.

When she arrived, the figure of Mitch was already seen as if she was waiting for her. 

“Where is she?” 

“Inside,” Mitch tried to give her a smile. “It’s not something bad, she’s okay, she’s resting.” As if a weigh being lifted off her shoulders, Lauren sighed in relief. “She has a fever, and the doctor said it’s because of lack of sleep, stress – overworked.” He explained more and led Lauren inside the house. 

Anxiously biting her lip, Lauren didn’t even wait and got inside the room where Mitch opened for her. 

There, the love of her life, laid down on the bed with her eyes closed, blanket hovering her body and face pale. She did look really tired. Lauren wanted to lash out as to why the hell did they overworked her, but didn’t find the energy to do so and approached her girlfriend instead, putting a hand above her forehead which was burning. Lauren’s heart broke. 

“She just arrived here in LA this morning, and went straight recording some live vocals for the album. . . she kept saying your name so I figured she wanted to see you.” Mitch continued, watching from the doorstep at how Lauren caressed Y/N’s face gently, brows furrowed in deep concern and lips twitching when she saw her state. 

“You should’ve overworked her,” Lauren found her voice, looking at her girlfriend’s exhausted state. “She gets high fever when you surprise her with loads of work – it overwhelms her.” She informed, as if somehow she knew this would happen. “Can you please get me some wet towel?” 

Nodding quietly, Mitch turned to her demand. 

Sighing softly, Lauren caressed Y/N’s hair softly. “I’m here now baby. I’m gonna take care of you.” 

Lauren never left her side. It was already night and Lauren was also tired but she didn’t leave Y/N’s side. She just simply sat there, looking at her, as if Y/N would wake up and would need anything. Mitch noticed this though, knowing Lauren wouldn’t budge so he kept her company. “Here, I hope you like tea, Y/N doesn't really keep coffee around here."