Seventeen

"So you're meeting up a friend?" Wooyoung's mother raises an eyebrow. "Do I know them?"

"Yes." Wooyoung smiles. "Remember the friend I had a few years ago? The one I'd tell you about? The one that would always listen to my problems and was always so positive?"

"What?! Why hadn't you told me that you had seen him again! He clearly made you so happy during those hard times with your gran-"

"Yeah, I know." He nods. "I guess I wasn't planning on becoming friends with him again. I was actually really mean to him at first and pretended I didn't remember him."

"What? Why would you do that, Woo?"

"I thought I didn't deserve to be happy. I thought I deserved to get bullied for what happened." He sighs. "That's why I pushed everyone away. You know that, mom."

"Wait... you thought? Does that mean you don't think that way anymore?" She immediately smiles, hoping that's what he meant.

"I guess so." He nods. "San said I don't deserve to be treated that way... And you know, he's always right." He smiles widely, looking through his closet. "But what should I wear, mom?"

"Why does that matter?" She raises an eyebrow. "This San boy must still be really special to you, huh?"

"Just help me pick an outfit." Wooyoung pouts as he takes clothes out of his closet and throws them on the bed. "I told him I'd come home real quick and then go to his house."

"Alright, alright." His mom looks through his clothes, finally finding an outfit for him.

"Thanks, mom!" He takes the clothes from her before rushing to the bathroom to change.

-

As Wooyoung's walking to San's house, he can't help but think that he's been around here before. 'Have I been around here?' He asks himself, but shakes the thought off.

He then takes his phone out to text San.

Wooyoung:
I'm almost there :)
I'm almost th|
I'm|
|

But of course, he ends up deleting it instead. "I'll just text him when I get there." He nods.

"You've arrived at your destination." His phones gps tells him. He had turned it on since he didn't recognize the address. He moved back here not too long ago and is still not too familiar with the houses around here.

"I'm already here?" Wooyoung asks, still looking down at his phone.

He turns away from the house and starts taking deep breaths, then practices on how he'll introduce himself to San's parents if they're home. He doesn't want to embarrass himself. He's not really used to talking to people.

"Okay, I think I'm ready." He finally says and closes his eyes before turning to face the house again. "3...2...1." He takes a deep breath before opening his eyes, ready to walk towards the front door.

But instead, his eyes widen and he feels tears threatening to spill as memories come rushing back to him. Memories he hadn't had in a while. This house... it's all too familiar to him.

It looks exactly how it looked a few years ago. Well... before he started stealing the roses.

"Th-this house..." Wooyoung sobs. "Th-the roses."

San's house was the house he'd steal roses from? The roses he'd end up giving his grandma? The roses that made her so happy, but without knowing, were making her more sick?

"I-I have to get out of here!" Wooyoung runs away from the house as more and more memories start coming back.

Once he's tired of running, he looks around, not knowing where he ended up at. He sits down and hugs his knees against his chest as he starts sobbing even more.

He didn't expect to see that house ever again. He especially didn't expect that that would be San's house.

"I-I have to text him." He takes his phone out to text San, not wanting to worry him.

Wooyoung:
I can't make it, sorry
Something came up

San:
Really?
Is everything okay?

Wooyoung doesn't answer his texts, not being able to stop crying. That's until his phone starts ringing.

incoming call from 'san'
accept?
yes|no

Do you think Wooyoung will finally open up to San and tell him everything?

Also! This story has reached 3k reads!! Thank you so much for reading <3 I love reading your comments, so please let me know what you think