Nine

"Hey, Woo!" San smiles at him when he sees him sitting alone in the cafeteria. "I'll sit with you." He puts his tray down and sits across from him. "I hope you don't mind. Yunho didn't come to school today, so I'm all alone." He pouts.

"So? What's so wrong with being alone?" Wooyoung rolls his eyes and puts his spoon down.

"Wh-what?" San looks up at him and thinks for a while. "Well, I'm just not used to it, I guess."

"Well, it's probably better if you get used to it. I doubt Yunho will always be there for you."

"Why do you say that? He's always been there for me, so why would he leave me?"

"Because it clearly looks like he likes you." Wooyoung tells him. "And since it clearly looks like you don't like him back, we'll see how much more this friendship lasts."

"Why are you being like this?" San puts his spoon down and crosses his arms over his chest. "It's like you're purposely doing and saying things that will make me hate you."

"Whether you hate me or not, I don't care. You're not special." Wooyoung tells him. "I'm just saying the truth."

"Why did you change so much?" San asks him, sadly. "I know people change when they grow up, but what happened to you? I would've never recognized you if it wasn't for your name."

"Well, I grew up and realized that life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Maybe you haven't grown up and that's why you can't see it."

"Fine." San stands up and picks his tray up before walking away from him and sitting at an empty table.

Just as he sits down, he sees two boys approach Wooyoung. "I'm here to remind you that it was your fault." San hears one of them say. "So never forget." He takes Wooyoung's backpack, then throws the things that were inside, on the floor. "You idiot." He says before he and the other boy leave.

"What was that about?" San mumbles.

He quickly stands up and rushes over to Wooyoung, then starts helping him pick his things up.

"Who were they?" San asks him.

"None of your business." Wooyoung grabs the things from San's hands, then puts them in his backpack. San notices a few tears rolling down Wooyoung's cheeks.

"Woo, what happened?"

"I have to go." He picks his backpack up and rushes out of the cafeteria.

-

"Can you stop following me already?" Wooyoung asks San as he notices him following him out of the school.

"Who were they?"

"Just stop following me."

"No.... And why should I? This is the way out of the school. Who said I was even following you?" San scoffs.

He's tired of Wooyoung being so rude to him. What even got into him? San didn't get to know him too well in the past, but he never thought he'd end up being this rude. He clearly knows there's something going on, but for some reason Wooyoung's too busy trying to make him hate him.

"It's okay if you don't remember me... and it's okay if you actually do remember me but are pretending not to, but why are you being like this? What did I do, huh? Because I don't remember ever doing something that made me deserve this treatment."

"We knew each other for a few days. Why are you acting like we were best friends?"

"Oh, so you do remember me?" San shakes his head and forces a smile. "Then why did you pretend not to know me?"

"I didn't recognize you at first." Wooyoung shrugs. "And then when I did, I noticed how clingy you were so I pretended not to know you."

"Clingy? Clingy?!" San yells in disbelief. "I was just so happy to see you again, but I guess some people don't deserve to have friends, which is why you're alone." San scoffs. "You're probably just being mean to me because of those guys from earlier, huh? But why is that my fault? Why are you taking it out on me?!" He yells before pushing past Wooyoung.

Wooyoung sighs and sits down on a nearby bench. None of what he said was true, but he doesn't want to get involved with San or anybody else.

After what happened a few years ago, he doesn't deserve to be happy.