Nineteen

After a while, San tries breaking the awkward silence. "Have you eaten yet? I haven't had dinner yet. Why don't you come in so we can eat together?"

"Would that be okay with your mom?"

"Yeah, of course. You were coming earlier anyway and she actually wanted to meet you."

"Really?" Wooyoung wipes his tears away. "It's already late, though. I wouldn't want to be a bother."

"No, don't worry." San walks towards the front door and opens it. They both walk in and Wooyoung closes the door behind him. "The kitchen's over here." San leads him to the kitchen and takes two plates, then puts some food on them and heats it up in the microwave.

"Is your mom asleep already?" Wooyoung looks around, not seeing her anywhere around.

"Yeah. She sleeps early since she has to wake up early for work. She's a therapist and has to be at work early."

"A therapist?" Wooyoung asks. "Cool." He gives him a small smile. A therapist might be what he needs.

"Here's your food." San puts the plate in front of him.

"Thanks." Wooyoung picks up the spoon and starts to eat.

San checks the time on his phone and his eyes widen when he sees the time. "Did we really stay outside for that long? It's already nine?" He sits down across from Wooyoung and starts eating.

"I guess so." Wooyoung just nods and continues eating.

San decides not to question anything. Like why he suddenly said he had plans even though he didn't. He doesn't want Wooyoung to feel pressured to tell him anything he's not ready to tell.

"San... would it be okay if I sleep over?" Wooyoung finally gets the courage to ask.

"Sleep over?" San coughs, almost choking on his food.

"San, are you okay? Drink some water." Wooyoung quickly hands him his glass of water and San drinks from it.

"S-sorry." San clears his throat. "But yeah... of course you can sleep over."

"I'm sorry to ask you this." Wooyoung sighs. "But I cried a lot and I don't want my mom to see me like this."

"Yeah, it's okay. You can sleep over, Wooyoung. It's totally fine." San smiles.

"Thanks." He gives him a small smile back.

-

"Don't worry, I can sleep on the couch." Wooyoung tells San.

"No way. The couch is in the living room and my mom has no idea you're staying over. Just sleep on the bed." San lays down on the bed and pats the spot next to him. "Come on... we're friends now. Why does it have to be weird? Yunho sleeps over all the time."

"Yunho what?" Wooyoung asks a little too loudly.

"Well, we're friends." San says in an obvious tone. "So when he stays over, he also sleeps on the bed."

Wooyoung stays quiet and sits down next to San on the bed. "About you and Yunho..." He starts. "Have you two ever had something?"

"Me and Yunho?" San asks, confused. "Well, actually... kind of?"

"What do you mean?" Wooyoung asks, sounding a little too jealous, and he mentally facepalms himself.

"We kissed when we were thirteen but that's all. It was just so we could be each other's first kiss." San sighs. "Of course I wouldn't have agreed to it if I would've known Yunho already liked me back then. I guess I kind of gave him hope." He frowns. "But I didn't mean to do that and I still feel terrible for it."

"Did you ever like Yunho?"

"More than a friend?" San asks and Wooyoung nods. "No. Just as a friend. He's always been my best friend."

"I really have to apologize to him. I kind of told you about his crush on you. He probably didn't want you to know. I shouldn't have done that." Wooyoung looks down.

"Well yeah, I guess you should apologize." San nods. "But in a way... I kind of already knew about his feelings. I wasn't one hundred percent sure of them, but I kind of suspected he liked me."

"I'll still have to apologize."

After a while of silence, San starts closing his eyes. "Goodnight, Wooyoung."

"Goodnight, San." Wooyoung lays down next to him and looks at him for a few seconds as he sleeps, before also closing his eyes and falling asleep.

-

"Hey San, do you want to go out for ice cream later?" Wooyoung asks him as they're having breakfast.

"Sure." San smiles at him.

"Well, I have to go home and take a shower. But let's meet each other at the ice cream shop at one o'clock. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, perfect." San nods.

"Thanks for letting me stay the night. I'll see you later." He waves before walking out of the kitchen.

As soon as San hears the front door close, he quickly stands up and rushes to his room to look for an outfit.

"Did he mean as a date or as friends?" San thinks for a while. "Regardless of what he meant, I'm happy." He smiles and finally finds an outfit.

Since I couldn't double update last time, I will be double updating today <3