Twenty-Four

"San, why didn't you or Yeosang pick up our calls this weekend?" Yunho asks him as he and Jongho cross their arms over their chest.

"Sorry." San let's out a nervous chuckle. "Actually, something happened this weekend and I guess Yeosang hasn't wanted to talk about it... and I had a lot going on too, so I'm sorry for not answering?"

"What happened? Is everything okay?" Yunho asks, worriedly.

"You guys... I found out that Yeosang was being bullied." He sighs.

"He what?!" Jongho asks in disbelief. "Why didn't he tell us anything?"

"I guess he was too embarrassed... Me and Seonghwa-"

"Seonghwa? Wooyoung's cousin?" Yunho asks. "Was he the bully? Wow, I should've known. That's why Yeosang was so awkward with him when we all first met him and his cousin Hongjoong that time."

"No no, there's a misunderstanding." San shakes his head. "Why was Yeosang so awkward with him? I don't know." He shrugs. "But Seonghwa's the one that was defending him. He was fighting his bully and then Yeosang ran into the ice cream shop calling for help since the other guy is pretty strong too."

"So if Seonghwa wasn't his bully, who was?"

"Kim Younghoon."

"What the hell?!" Jongho says in disbelief. "That fucking-"

"Anyway... his friend Hyunjae, who happened to also bully Yeosang, ended up joining the fight and we all ended up at the police station."

"What the actual hell? Why didn't you tell me anything?" Yunho asks him. "And not that I'm complaining, but why did Seonghwa defend him? Isn't he a bully too?"

"Not sure." San shrugs. "But that's something to thank him for. Yeosang was getting bullied a few months ago and none of us knew. Seonghwa was the one that stood up for him all this time."

"I'm so confused as to why he did it, but I guess we'll have to thank him."

"I guess so." Yunho nods.

-

"Hey Seonghwa! Wait up!" Yeosang finally catches up to him as he's running around the track field.

"What are you doing here?" Seonghwa stops running and tries to catch his breath. "I'm in class, shouldn't you be too?"

"Well yeah, but I had to talk to you."

"I thought you were mad at me and would never talk to me again." Seonghwa tells him. "What changed your mind?"

"I was just annoyed." Yeosang shrugs. "But I have to ask you something."

"What? And make it quick. I have to get back to running."

"Do you have a rose pendant necklace?"

"What are you even talking about?" Seonghwa chuckles. "Why would I have a rose pendant necklace? And why are you even asking me that?"

"Because I clearly saw it the other day when you were cleaning my bruise, but you always put it under the collar of your shirt so no one can see it."

Yeosang decides to take a risk and quickly takes Seonghwa's necklace out from under the collar of his shirt, but is surprised when he sees it's not the rose necklace.

"I don't know what you're trying to do, but I don't have it."

"You clearly do." Yeosang tells him. "I saw it the other day, but you're wearing another one today. You can't fool me, I saw it."

"Why are you making such a big deal over a rose necklace? What? Do you want one? Should I buy you one?" He smirks.

"I was making a big deal out of it because I thought that maybe you were the one who gave that necklace to Wooyoung."

"A necklace? What necklace?"

"A rose necklace that someone anonymously sent him when he was overseas. A necklace that came with a very comforting note to Wooyoung." Yeosang tells him. "And I clearly know you sent it. I saw you wearing that exact same necklace the other day. I saw it when you accidentally let it show... I knew you weren't that type of person." A smile forms on Yeosang's lips. "I knew you cared about him."

"What are you saying? I have to get back to running." Seonghwa starts running around the track field again, leaving Yeosang behind.

"I knew you were a good person, Seonghwa." Yeosang watches him run and smiles.

-

"I'm home." Seonghwa takes his shoes off before walking into his house and sees his mom sitting in the living room. He puts his backpack down and walks over to her.

"About time. What were you even doing?"

"I was at school." He rolls his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I should be the one disappointed in you for wanting to become friends with Wooyoung again."

"Mom, why do you hate him so much? You never cared about grandma and that wasn't even his fault. It seems like you're just trying to put all the blame on him for no reason. I can't believe I've really had to repeat myself so much these past few days." He sighs. "And stop putting ideas in Hongjoong's head."

Seonghwa picks up his backpack again and goes upstairs to his room. He puts his backpack on his bed, then sits down on a chair beside his drawer. He takes out his rose pendant necklace from the drawer and looks down at it as tears start rolling down his cheeks.

"It's not your fault. I hope you kept your promise and didn't let anyone tell you otherwise, Woo."

A/N:
It was Seonghwa 🥺 </3

Also, which is your fave ship in this story and why?