Sixteen

"What did you and Yunho talk about?" Wooyoung asks San as soon as he walks back into the school.

"He apologized to me and we're on good terms again." San smiles. "I hated being away from him. He's my best friend after all."

"Yeah, that's good." He nods and forces a smile. "But he better not try to hurt you again."

"Don't worry." San reassures him. "I don't think he will anymore. It looks like he realized I don't feel the same way."

"I hope so."

"I know you don't like him too much, but you know... he's the reason I was able to talk to you five years ago, remember?"

"Oh yeah... he introduced us to each other and asked if we could all be friends." Wooyoung nods, remembering that time. "I may not like him, but I guess he's the reason why we became friends back then... even if it was for such a short time. That friendship still meant a lot to me." Wooyoung looks down, not being able to face San.

It's like the guilt will never go away. It's like he'll always blame himself for what happened to his grandma. Especially since Hongjoong and Seonghwa keep reminding him that it's his fault and that he doesn't deserve to be happy.

"It meant a lot to me too." San smiles so wide, showing his dimples. He's glad Wooyoung's finally admitting that their short friendship meant something to him.

"Can we talk after school?" Wooyoung suggests. "I have a lot to talk to you about. I may not be ready to tell you some things, but I'll definitely tell you why I moved away in the first place."

"Really? Are you ready to talk about it?"

"Yeah... I think so." Wooyoung nods.

"Are you sure?" San asks and Wooyoung just nods again.

"Can you give me your number? So you can text me your address so I can go to your house after school. I have to stop by my house first." Wooyoung hands him his phone.

"Sure." San types his number in his phone and hands it back to him. "I might walk home with Yunho later, but I'll text you the address."

"Okay, see you later." Wooyoung rushes towards his last class. He finally feels like telling someone about this, so he hopes this class will go by fast so he can just say it.

-

"Hey mom, a friend's coming over later." San tells his mother as soon as she gets home.

"A friend? Do I know them?"

"I don't think you know him." San shakes his head. He doesn't remember talking to his mother about Wooyoung, especially since he happened to be the one stealing roses from their garden.

"Okay, I made plenty of food. He can stay over for dinner if he'd like."

"Thanks, mom." San smiles at her and she pinches his cheeks. "Mom..." He frowns.

"How was school, by the way?"

"It was good." He shrugs. "Same as always, I guess."

"How's Yunho? I haven't seen him in a while."

"He's fine. He walked me home, but he had plans, so..." San lies. He didn't invite Yunho over since he knew Wooyoung was coming.

"Oh." His mom just nods. "So when is your friend coming? The food will get cold soon."

"He should be here soon." San looks out the window, noticing the sunset.

Just as he's about to call Wooyoung, he gets a text.

Wooyoung:
I can't make it, sorry
Something came up

So... Wooyoung couldn't meet up with San. What do you think happened?