Twenty-Seven

"You what?" Mingi asks and everyone's attention turns to Yeosang.

"Oh, he's just practicing his lines." San tries to make something up.

"Practicing his lines?" Seonghwa asks, confused. "For what?"

"Oh... well, Yeosang has been into acting lately and was thinking of auditioning for the school's play. Just in case he does end up auditioning, he's been practicing his lines."

"The school's play? I didn't know they were having a romance play."

"Actors have to be prepared for any kind of play. He doesn't know if it's romance yet or not, but he still wanted to practice." Wooyoung lies. "We were all helping him practice before you got here."

Yeosang mentally sighs in relief. He's glad and thankful that everyone went along with it. This would've been so embarrassing if they hadn't.

"Oh." Seonghwa just nods. "Looks like you're a good actor then. I thought you were being serious."

"So what if he was being serious, Seonghwa?" Jongho raises an eyebrow. "Would you have asked who he likes? Why would you want to know?"

"Look... I was just saying." Seonghwa rolls his eyes and doesn't make eye contact with anyone.

'Why would San invite him?' Yeosang screams on the inside. 'He should've at least told me... Then again, he probably doesn't know I like Seonghwa... wait, what? No, I don't like him!'

Yunho has also been really quiet since Mingi got here. He didn't expect San to invite him and even though things between them didn't end in bad terms and they've been talking again, he's been feeling awkward around him lately for some reason.

"Wow, couples everywhere. Was this meant for me to realize how single I am?" Jongho crosses his arms over his chest. He has noticed how awkward they're all being and he thinks he knows why.

"What are you even talking about?"

"Oh, sorry... I was also practicing my lines." He smirks.

"We should cook something." Yunho changes the subject and stands up, ready to go to the kitchen.

"I'll help you." Mingi stands up and follows him.

"Should we eat in the backyard?" San asks them. "We have a dining table outside and all but we don't use it too often."

"I think that would be cool." Wooyoung nods.

"Okay, so could someone take the plates, cups, and everything outside while I go to the store to buy some drinks?"

"I'll go to the store with you." Wooyoung offers.

"I can help set up the table." Yeosang tells him.

"I can help him." Seonghwa tells them and Jongho just thinks about what he can do so he doesn't interrupt the three 'couples'.

"Jongho, you can go to my room and play some video games if you want. Or you can use my laptop." San tells him. "We'll tell you when the food is ready."

"Really? Are you sure you don't need me to help?"

"It's fine. I think we'll be okay." San smiles at him. "Now go to my room, okay?"

"Okay." He smiles back and walks away from them to go upstairs to San's room.

"Okay, so you guys can start setting up the table. Yeosang knows where everything is." San tells Seonghwa and Yeosang.

"Alright."

"Hey guys, me and Woo are going out to buy some drinks, Seonghwa and Yeosang are going to set up the table outside, and Jongho is in my room playing videos games." San tells Yunho and Mingi when he walks into the kitchen.

"Oh, okay. We had just started cutting the vegetables, so the food won't be ready for a while." Yunho tells him.

"That's fine. See you guys later. We'll be right back." San grabs his keys from the counter and Wooyoung follows him outside.

"Everything is over here." Yeosang opens some of the cabinets and Seonghwa sees the plates, cups, and spoons.

"Okay, let's take seven of each for now. If we need more plates, we can always just take some more later."

"Okay."

Yeosang takes seven plates out and puts them on the counter. Seonghwa starts taking cups out and puts them on the counter as well. Once everything's on the counter, they start taking it outside.

After a while, they end up finishing setting the table up and sit outside. "San's house is really nice." Seonghwa looks around.

But he does admit that he doesn't like seeing so many roses. It makes him remember what he hates remembering the most... his grandmothers death.

"Yeah..." Yeosang just nods and takes his phone out. "So... I had forgotten to send you my friends number, but I can send it to you right now." He unlocks it to look for a picture of Yena on her social media.

Seonghwa just looks at him, annoyed that he keeps insisting, but he tries to hide it.

"This is her." Yeosang shows him his phone and Seonghwa looks at the picture of the girl.

"She's pretty." Is all Seonghwa says and Yeosang frowns, but quickly hides it.

"I'll send you her number." He tells him and Seonghwa just nods.

-

It's been three days since everyone went to San's house. The weekend is unfortunately over, but the good thing is that Wooyoung can finally see San again since he hadn't seen him since Friday.

He did talk to him this weekend, but San was busy and couldn't meet up with him. And Wooyoung will for sure confess to San today. He doesn't want to waste any more time.

He just hopes no one interrupts this time.

"I have something I want to tell you." Wooyoung tells him. He knows he should've probably just blurted everything out instead of beating around the bush, but he really thought he'd be able to tell him this time.

"What is it?" San asks him, hoping he can actually tell him this time. Wooyoung has been telling him he had to ask him something for days now, but always ends up saying it's nothing.

"Actually... I have to get home now. I forgot my mom wanted me to get there early." He's about to quickly walk away, but he feels someone take his hand.

"Wooyoung... are you free tomorrow after school?" San asks him, realizing Wooyoung won't make the first move. "Do you maybe want to... go on a date with me?"

Looks like Woosan is finally coming!!

What are your thoughts on this story? And what do you think will happen between Seonghwa and Yeosang?