Forever and Ever Amen (Jasonette)

You may think that I'm talking foolish

He remembers the first day that he met her. It was a normal day in Gotham; police sirens were singing, bullets rained down in the streets. But a tiny cafe that doubled as a boutique was unaffected by the grit and grime of the city of crime.

This got Jason suspicions that no one had claimed it seeing as how it was in the most strategic place in the city for a gang or two. So when Tim sent him to get a fifteen pound bag of coffee from the shop since Bruce had banned him from buying coffee everywhere else, he saw it as the perfect opportunity to  investigate.

You've heard that I'm wild and I'm free

What he didn't expect to see was a tiny woman pulling Black Mask out of the shop by his collar. " I have told you once I've told you a million times! My answer is no Monsour Black Mask so you can forget about adding my shop to you and your twisted company good day to you sir" the tiny woman told Sonis before tossing him out onto the street.

Jason stared on for a few seconds before saying, "I think I'm in love"

Yup nothing spoke to him more than seeing Black Mask being shown to the curb by a woman half his own height.

You may wonder how I can promise you now this love that I feel for you always will be

It took a couple of weeks for Jason to finally get to know the owner of Guardians, Marinette. The two would talk about all sorts of topics from baked goods to books.

But you're not just time that I'm killing

Within six months of their initial meeting Jason asked her out on a date that she promptly refused. He soon learned from her brother figure, Nino, that her last boyfriend had used her to kill time and to manipulate her into giving everything she worked for to his father, Gabriel Agreste. Once it would  have been all said and done he was going to dump her for a real woman. When she found out, she dumped him and left Paris for Gotham.

I'm no longer one of those guys

After a few days of assurance that he wasn't going to be like Adrien, she agreed to date him. He never made her regret saying yes.

As sure as I live, this love that I give is gonna be yours till the day that I die

He started to smile more and more around the manor as time went on.  It crept out Dick and Tim to no end. And when Damian insulted him he brushed it off with a ,"Good one little D" .

The only one who knew about their relationship was Alfred because Jason knew that his brothers and Bruce would just mess it up. But they did eventually find out on the couple's two year anniversary. In which Jason had planned on proposing to the bluenette, but because of Dick those plans got put on hold.

Oh baby I'm gonna love you forever

Forever and ever, Amen

As long as old men sit and talk about the weather

As long as old women sit and talk about old men.

Not long after that he begrudgingly introduced her to his family. And by begrudgingly I mean kicking, screaming, and pouting. He was afraid that his family would scare her off.  But nothing prepared him for her ripping the entire batfam a new one for interrupting their date.

He fell in love again as he watched Bruce cower underneath his girlfriend's ranting.

If you wonder how long I'll be faithful

I'll be happy to tell you again

I'm gonna love you forever and ever

Forever and ever, Amen

He started taking Marinette to galas with him across Gotham, it was during one such gala that he met her ex-boyfriend, Adrien Agreste. If it had been at any other time he would have been grateful, but he just had to intervene while he was proposing to Marinette for the second time.

"You can't marry him you belong with me princess "Adrien said as he tried to drag her away from Jason

"Let me go" Marinette said straining to get free from his bruising grip on her arm.

Luckily security had intervened before Jason could punch him. But as Agreste was being shown out Jason shouted, "You had your chance and you lost it because you didn't treat her right. I've spent the last three years helping her pick up the pieces of her heart that you destroyed to find someone worth everything and more in this universe. So Marinette your answer?" Jason asked stalling the guards just long enough

"Yes " Marinette said as tears of joy raced down her face.

They say time takes it's toll on the body

Makes  a young girls brown hair turn grey

Well honey I don't care I ain't in love with your hair

And if it all fell out well I'd love you anyways

Over the years Marinette's personality is what had encapsulated his heart, not her face or her fame. He was looking forward to living out the rest of his life with her.

They say time can play tricks on the mem'ry make people forget things they knew

Well it's easy to see it's happening to me

I've already forgotten every woman but you

Jason took his place at the altar waiting for Marinette to come through the doors lead by her father, Tom. "Just remember to  breath little wing" Dick told him

Not two seconds later the doors opened up and his mind became blank. Nothing existed other than Marinette at that time as Tom lead her down the isle. He would forever deny crying at the sight of his soon to be wife in her dress.

Vows and rings were exchanged in a blink of an eye. " You may now kiss the-" the priest started to say but Jason couldn't wait any longer and pulled Marinette into a kiss without a second more lost.

"Bride " the priest finished as Jason kissed Marinette like a lifeline.

"It is my profound pleasure to now introduce Mr and Mrs Jason Todd" the priest announced as clapping and cheering rang throughout the church.

It was soon time for the reception. Jason had to beg Luka on hands and knees to help him with his idea. As much as he isn't a romantic sap like Dick, he believed that Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis  would be perfect for their first dance as man and wife.

Oh darling I'm going to love you forever forever and ever amen.

As long as old men sit and talk about the weather as long as old women sit and talk about old men

If you wonder how long I'll be faithful just listen to how this song ends

I'm going to love you forever and ever forever and ever, forever and ever, forever and ever amen.

Jason saw Marinette's face light up with joy as they danced, he's quite sure his face did the same thing.  "Just so you know the song is right Marinette I will still love you forever and ever no matter what " Jason whispered in her ear as he danced with her enjoying every moment hoping that it would never end.

"Forever and Ever, Amen " Marinette smiled before kissing him.