Christmas Special, Brucinette

It should be green and gold

Watching snow

Comin' down, Charlie Brown

And everyone gathered 'round the tree

This was a silent Christmas in the Wayne Manor. Bruce helped his wife, Marinette bake Christmas cookies for when the family would be there the next day. By help, he meant watch her from the doorway while she worked as he was still banned from the kitchen.

The weatherman says

It ain't gonna snow this year

And the fog is too heavy

To cut a path for the reindeer

A thick fog blanketed Gotham instead of the normal snow that covered the ground at this time of the year. He remembered that first Christmas with his wife two years before Dick came into their lives. He'd taken a week off of work to make a trip to Paris to see Marinette who was helping her parents with their bakery for the holidays. It was that year under the lights of the Eiffel tower as snow gently fell around them that he asked for her hand in marriage.

He also got the (dis)pleasure of meeting her ex/partner Chat Noir/Adrien Agreste, the Sheep patrol, and Lila Rossi. He shut down any claims about him dating Rossi and ruined her future to get into any field of work. He was glad he didn't hear about the things she did to his wife till after the initial trail for working with multiple terrorists: Hawkmoth, Joker, Lex Luthor, Giganta, Reverse Flash, Sinestro, this girl had been around the block several times.

 Your sister's stuck in Denver

And your mama can't come

But you don't have to be alone

I'll tell you why

Marinette's family couldn't make the flight out to see them this year because Paris was heavily snowed in along with Hong Kong where Stephanie, Cass, and Kate were. He smiled as another memory came to him. It was just after the mission in which he was r*ped  by Talia. She'd held him for several days and didn't blame him in the least for what had happened. He fell in love with her once again when she didn't blame Damian for what had happened and accepted him like she did to all their previous children.

I'll bring the magic

I'll bring the lights

I'll make you a star

At the top of the tree

Shinin' so bright

The magic of the Holidays is when his family shone brighter than the brightest star in the sky. And over the years it's become his favorite time of the year. She got distracted by Titus and Ace as they had come back up from the Batcave to cause a bit of mayhem. The timer for the final batch of cookies went off so Bruce stepped in and grabbed a set of oven mitts before taking the final tray out of the oven so they wouldn't burn.

He took them out and was met with his wife smiling at him no she wasn't angry just happy for the assist while she dealt with the dogs. Good god he loved her smile.

You don't need a chimney

Cause I'll be your fire

Once the cookies cooled and were put away he pulled her in for a hug and kiss. "Your warm" Marinette said into his sweater