Loving Arms, Timnette

If you could see me now

Marinette had a hard life. Liars, emotional terrorists, bullies, betrayals, etc and it wasn't just from her friends, but her own family. It was like the universe had it out for her.

But now after so many years she found a man who loved her truly. Tim Drake-Wayne, her adorable geeky insomniac coffee addict. They'd met by pure accident, but it was an accident they'd swore to never talk about again.

The one who said that they'd roam

The two for years had been lost souls when they'd meet having been dumped by those who they thought were the one. Marinette began to roam the world for inspiration for her clientele of her boutique Robin's Bell. She no longer cared for romance.

The one who said they'd rather be alone

Tim pushed his family and friends away after the betrayal of his girlfriend. He'd hole himself up in his office for days sometimes even weeks on end.

If you could only see me now

But they missed their partners even though they swore to never return to Adrien and Stephanie.

But despite the hardships they'd faced. They'd now had one another for over over seventy years of a long joyous marriage.

Marinette though passed only a few days after their seventy second wedding anniversary.

If I could hold you now

Tim missed the touch and comfort of his late wife. If he could hold her one last time he'd be happy.

Just for a moment I could really make you mine

He missed the love of his life, his heart, his soul.

He missed her smile the baked goods she'd make for him

Just for a while turn back the hands of time

He thought back to when they first married. Those happy days of baking, paperwork, and the love they possessed that created their two adorable children.

If I could only hold you now

He let tears slip down his wrinkled face as he thought of his late wife and the life they'd built.

I've been too long in the wind too long in the rain

He remembered how at her funeral how the earth itself seemed to mourn for the loss of his wife.

Take any comfort that I can

He took what comfort that he could from his son, daughter (who both looked like their mother's spiting image), Grandchildren and great grandchildren. Who he loved with all his heart.

Looking back and hoping for a freedom from my chains

But he wished for his wife to be here to see this. For he missed the freedom that she offered him for these past several years.

And lying in your loving arms again

If you could hear me now

Singing somewhere through the lonely nights

He'd sing to his grand kids the songs he'd hear his wife sing to their kids whenever they stayed the night or when they ask to keep the memory of her alive.

Dreaming of the arms that held me tight

If you could only hear me now

And for two years he lived for his children teaching them what he knew and passing on the many lessons their great grandmother taught him and their children through the years.

I've been too long in the wind too long in the rain

Take any comfort that I can

Looking back and hoping for a freedom of my chains

And lying in your loving arms again

One evening he looked back on the life that they'd lived and what had happened after her passing. He saw the birth of three generation of his family and he saw them each succeed and fail. "Dad you okay?" Hugo asked him coming out to check on him.

I can almost feel your loving arms again

"Just thinking how your mother would love this" Tim told him

"Yeah she would" Hugo sadly smiled

Tim sat down on the rocking chair on the balcony as he looked out over Paris. "This was her favorite view. God I miss her" Tim sighed

"I know dad" Hugo said looking out over the balcony at the star studded skies of Paris, "We all do. Dinner's going to be in five minutes"

"Alright just give me a few more moments alone" Tim told him.

Hugo went back down the stairs.

He felt his eyes close slowly as he started to fall asleep. "I can almost feel your loving arms again" Tim whispered before he closed his eyes one final time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please note that I cried my eyes out while writing this one shot. And they are still blood shot from crying. Though I think it just might be the song. Don't forget to comment and vote if you like this.