thirty six.

The Traveller's Rest

Cassidy pulled the bag on her shoulder as she walked out of the door to the quaint bed and breakfast from her childhood. She had said her polite goodbyes to Chester and other's in the pub she knew from growing up, she made false promises of coming to visit soon, though her heart yearned for them to be a reality. She felt as if she had grown up over night, that trivial things such as yearly camping trips or even school felt too young for her, they felt too light-hearted for what she had endured over the past few months, and for the things she had seen. Cassidy walked beside Draco, her had fitting tightly in hers, one constant in her new sorrowed life was the butterflies she felt when her skin touched his, no matter what negativity was brought into her world, that one feeling would always be there. Cassidy and Draco had decided that today would be the day they began to walk through the forest in an attempt to spot the three Gryffindors from a distance, watching their moves closely to find out what they were doing. 

As they walked together in silence, Cassidy's mind began to run away with her, thinking of the past year at Hogwarts, but more of the positive than the negative for once. 

"You know what I never understood" Cassidy began, as her thoughts about the past became words. 

"What's that love" Draco asked, his eyebrows raised as they continued to walk. 

"You hated me when I first came to Hogwarts, I mean, we did not get on" She chuckled, "Was that really all just about blood status?" 

Draco chuckled under his breath and sighed, "Of course It had been drilled into me about blood status since the beginning of my life by my ghastly father, so I suppose in some respect, your fake blood status had something to do with it."

Cassidy's face fell, for some reason, although she knew that it would play a part in his initial reaction to her in the past, she didn't want to be right. She had hoped that Draco didn't really care too much about blood status, she hoped that it was a front. 

"However" Draco continued, pulling Cassidy's gaze back to him, "I think hate is a strong word, sure we didn't get on, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I hated you. To be honest, the only reason I disliked you so much was mainly because I fancied you, and It scared the shit out of me" 

Cassidy was taken back by his response, "Wow, who would have thought it, Draco really had a crush on me so he teased me like a little boy" she laughed. 

Draco shoved her slightly in annoyance with a chuckle, "Shut up Fletcher

Cassidy smirked at the use of the old name, "I secretly loved that nickname" she spoke truthfully, "Your obsession with surnames was strange, but I can't deny that it gave me butterflies" 

"Oh look, little Fletcher had a crush on me too ey?" He Suggested playfully. "I always thought you were into Potter" 

Cassidy sighed at the mention of Harry, "I suppose I was interested in him at one point like that, however he did blow me off. But it worked out for the best anyway, he showed a different side to him throughout our friendship" 

Draco scoffed,"That's cause he's an asshole" 

Cassidy rolled her eyes, "Why exactly do you hate him so much, I don't really understand what ever happened between you two, but from what I've heard this enemy situation came from literally nowhere."