1

Fire.

Glistening, silver flames.

The roaring fires tore through the world, everything in its path was enveloped by its burning glory, destruction and screams of terror echoing through the world.

His heartbeat echoed in his ears.

Adrenaline coursing through his veins.

His legs were burning, throbbing with pain from running through the crumbling server, trying to find some way to escape.

He was running from that thing.

That thing that destroyed it all.

Xisuma didn't have enough time to examine where he was, he only ran. He didn't know what he was running from, or what was causing this server to fall to ashes, but X knew that he couldn't stop running.

He didn't know how he got here.

He didn't know where he was.

The only thing he knew is that he had to get out of the server.

He had to get out, before they find him.

But where would he go?

How would he escape?

Xisuma's scattered and panicked thoughts were interrupted, a voice calling through the flames.

"You can't run from us, there's nowhere left to go."

He didn't look back, the Brit continuing to sprint down the stone path, hope beginning to fill his mind as a wooden dock came into view, just a bit further down the street.

Xisuma ran down the cobblestone steps, the rotting wood underneath his feet beginning to creak and moan as he stepped onto the docks. The smell of fire and death was countered by the scent of the ocean, the only place that wasn't being swallowed by flames was the docks that X was sprinting down.

With nowhere else to run, Xisuma rushed down the pier to try and flee from the silver fires and the thing that was chasing him. He froze at the ending the platform, glancing over his shoulder at the figures that walked through the flames, slowly beginning to approach him.

"You can make this easy, Taurtis. Stop running from the inevitable." a tall figure said as they moved to the front of the crowd, slowly walking down the pier.

'Taurtis...?' Xisuma thought, perplexed at the name. He'd never heard it before. His eyes glanced down at the calm waters, X's reflection unfamiliar.

He didn't see himself, no purple armor or helmet to hide his face. His skin was tan, and he was wearing a blue shirt with black pants and suspenders, as well as a pair of red and blue checkered headphones.

What was going on?

"Grian is still out there!" Xisuma found himself saying, the name was finally something that he managed to recognize.