9

It was happening again, the mix between dream and reality.

Xisuma felt groggy, head spinning as he struggled to recollect his thoughts. The world was tinted in a dull shade of silver, which seemed to drain the color and life from his surroundings.

His vision managed to come into focus, giving the admin an opportunity to stare at his reflection. White hair pulled back into a messy ponytail, dark red armor, complete with a mask over his eyes.

He was seeing the world through his brother's eyes, like he had seen through Taurtis before.

Xisuma took a few steps back, staring at the gleaming pillar that held his reflection. His eyes trailed up towards the high ceiling, studying the building. The hallway was massive, lined with marble pillars and long banners that hung from the ceiling. They were decorated with a silver sun, and a single eye in the center. It was like he was in some kind of palace.

"Admiring the hermits work?"

Xisuma, or rather, his brother, turned to face the watcher as she walked down the hall, a calm smile across her face. Ex gave a slight nod.

"Their work is incredible. I've always admired the builds on hermitcraft before, but this is grander than anything I've ever seen before." Xisuma found himself saying, once again having no control over his voice or his body.

"Yes, well, it's quite easy to motivate them when they're so dedicated and loyal to me." She gave a chuckle, just hearing her speak made the admin's blood boil with rage.

"They'll make stunning changes around here. I'm excited to see what you have planned for them."

"Oh, my plans are big, indeed. I just wish your brother was here to see it.." she spoke longingly, glancing down the hallway and off into the distance.

"H-he'll be here, along with the others! I swear!"

"Oh, I do hope that you aren't stalling me for your brother's sake. I'd have to get rid of you, and you know how I feel about my assets." The watcher spoke, her head slowly turning as she moved her attention back towards Xisuma.

The admin felt himself struggle to swallow the lump in his throat, his heart rate speeding up as he shook his head. "I wouldn't do that. Your asset will be here, I promise."

"Good. I'd hate to lose him again. It's time that he learns about the lies that he's been led to believe.."

'Lies...?' Xisuma thought. 'What is she on about now?'

Ex nodded, the motion bringing the admin out of his thoughts and back to attention. "I know, I should have told him before all this. Maybe he would have been more receptive to you if he had known the truth."

"We can't change it now, so you'll just have to fix that little mistake of yours when he returns. His memory is unlike yours, all of this will be new to him."

"He'll understand. He has to."

"I hope he does, for your sake." The watcher said, flexing her larger pair of wings as she turned to walk away. She then paused, looking over her shoulder and back at Ex.