19

Xisuma stepped forward, dragging the netherrite blade behind him. The magic from the sword left a trail of silver flames, the tip scraping against the stairs of the throne.

Ex stepped forward, holding out his arms to keep the other hermits behind him. "Sylvia!" He called, keeping his gaze focused on his brother. "I'll join you. But you need to let these hermits go. They just wanted to make sure their friends were okay. Let them return to their server, and I'll come peacefully."

She chuckled, two fingers resting on her cheek as she took her seat on the throne. "You had your chance, Xanthus. When you escaped, it made me think, and I don't really need you. I never have. Your dear brother has always been the perfect prodigy, while you...well, you have been anything but an obedient soul."

His expression slowly morphed from rage to confusion while she spoke. "Wait, does that mean—"

"Yes. I'll be disposing of you. There's no need for a rebellious soul such as yourself." The watcher said with the wave of her hand, a smirk across her face as she spoke. "Xisuma, take care of these four. There's no need for them in the Cult of the Silver Sun."

The admin bowed his head. "Of course, mother."

"'Suma, we're your friends." Joe stepped forward, attempting to reason with him. "We've known you for years now! Think about all the time we've spent together!"

"I have." He said, raising his weapon over his head. "And I don't care. You four are in our way. I'll eliminate anyone in our way."

Xisuma swung the blade forward at full force, barely missing Joe's chest. The tip of the sword managed to slice through his shirt, leaving a slash mark along the '@' symbol on his top. His weapon managed to slam into the floor, which cracked the tile of the throne room. A blast of silver energy shot off of the sword, like a shockwave that threw the four hermits back.

Grian slammed his back against one of the many columns that lined the room, groaning upon impact. The wind was knocked out of him from the force of the attack, his breath leaving his lungs as he tried to regain control over himself. His vision was blurred, though the Brit tried his best to make out the figures of the other hermits. Ex seemed to be back on his feet already, while Stress and Joe were taking longer to recover.

"It didn't have to be like this," Xisuma called, his voice echoing from the high ceilings of the grand room. His voice was eerily lifeless and cold, as if they all meant nothing to the admin. "We all could have been together. But you've ruined that opportunity for yourselves. Now I'll have to tell the hermits that you stood in the way. They'll understand. Sacrifices need to be made."

"Xisuma, please—" Grian tried to speak reasonably, his legs shaking as he used the large pillar as support to help him stand. "What about Hermitcraft? What about our friends?"

"They have accepted our new purpose," He said while approaching Grian. "We were trapped on Hermitcraft. Now we can forever live in unity and peace, while helping liberate other servers from conflict. Just like how we were liberated from our own conflicts and pain."

His gloved hand wrapped around Grian's neck, forcefully lifting the Brit off the ground. Xisuma pulled him closer, a devilish grin across his face while the silver eye on his mask remained emotionless. "Now I'll liberate you from all your pain." He said while raising his sword. Xisuma pulled back his weapon, moments away from shoving the blade straight through Grian's chest.

Something was thrown towards him, exploding upon impact with the admin's shoulder. He dropped Grian in shock, stumbling backwards from the pain of the blast. Xisuma glanced towards the direction of the attack, gripping the burns along his arms that were a result of the explosion.