4

"When you invited me to hangout, this wasn't what I had in mind.."

Mumbo just smiled, pulling out two slips of paper, handing one to Grian, who rolled his eyes. The two were in the middle of the jungle, the hermit challenges arena to be exact, waiting on Stress and Iskall to arrive.

The sound of fireworks caused the two Brits to glance at the sky, Stress and Iskall gliding over the jungle. "Hallo!" The Swedish hermit called happily as they landed.

"Alright, does everyone have a challenge in mind?" Mumbo asked, Grian simply frowning as he stared down at his blank sheet of paper. Stress placed a hand on the builder's shoulder, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"You alright, luv?" She asked sweetly, Grian smiling as he nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just not excited for my challenge. The last time I was apart of these hermit challenges, there was a giant challenge chicken in my mansion!" The Brit said, shooting Mumbo and Iskall a glare, while the two tried to stifle their laughter.

"Okay, okay, hopefully you'll get something easy this time, but— OW!"

Something had fallen from the sky, landing directly onto Mumbo's head. The item bounced off the mustached hermit, landing onto the ground, unharmed.

"What is this thing?" Iskall asked as they lifted the strange item off the ground, frowning at the mask in their hands. The Swede looked to the three other hermits, but their confused expressions showed that they didn't know what the mask was either.

Grian shrugged. "Maybe we should just take it to X?" he suggested as Iskall set down the mask onto one of the dispensers.

"Alright, but after we get our challenges. I just thought of a good one!" Iskall laughed as they quickly wrote down the challenge on their paper, before stuffing it into the dispenser. Mumbo, Stress, and Grian followed, placing their challenges into the dispenser.

Mumbo was the first to hit the button, a paper flying out of the machine. The Redstoner let out an annoyed groan as his scanned over the words on the page. "I have to wear a carved pumpkin on my head for a week? How am I gonna see?"

"Guess you'll have to figure it out!" Iskall said while laughing, the Swede hitting the button and snatching the paper that shot out of the dispenser. The Swede's eyes went wide as they glanced from the paper to Stress, then back at the paper.

"I have to dye my hair and clothes pink?!" They exclaimed in shock, Mumbo and Grian falling over from sheer laughter.

"Awe, it won't be so bad!" Stress said between laughter, while the Swede groaned in annoyance.

"Just get your challenge, Stress.." Iskall grumbled under their breath, but the brunette was still giggling as she pressed the button.

"'Build an over-complicated redstone machine for the simplest task'?" She read aloud, glancing up from the paper and towards Mumbo. The mustached hermit chuckled nervously while scratching the back of his neck.

"L-look, I couldn't think of any good challenges that I haven't used before!" He said, Stress giggling in response.

"At least I don't have to have to wear a pumpkin!" She joked, reminding Mumbo of his own challenge.