2

Xisuma set down a shulker box, frowning at his newest building in Aque. Struggling to distract himself from the watcher in his dreams, the admin turned to constructing a new shop to take his thoughts off stress and worry, but it wasn't seeming to work.

He knew that the server was protected, that everyone was safe thanks to the admin magic that blocked out any watchers or unwelcome players, but he was struggling to accept it. Xisuma didn't feel safe.

The shop X had made was sloppy and lazily built, mainly due to the admin's wandering thoughts. No matter how hard he tried to keep his mind off the watcher, Xisuma couldn't stop worrying about what could happen if they managed to slip into the server, even with the barrier of magic.

"Hey X!" Scar's voice called with a happy tone, the admin giving a slight wave as he saw the mayor land on the streets of Aque, right in front of the admin's new shop. His back was facing Xisuma as he studied the building.

"This your new shop?" He asked, turning his head and looking at Xisuma, the admin flinching. Scar had one of the black masks that covered his eyes, identical to the ones that brainwashed players wore.

Xisuma stuttered, much too distracted by the watcher mask to formulate a sentence. Was he too late? Did the watcher already find her way into the server?

"I- erm- yes?" X responded, unsure what to do, practically frozen in place with his stomach churning and twisting into tighter knots.

"Oh, uh, it's a very..nice shop." He complimented the admin's work, but Scar wasn't very good at lying.

Xisuma tightly shut his eyes and shook his head, trying to think straight. He looked back at Scar's face, breathing a sigh of relief as he noticed the watcher mask was gone.

"N-not really." Xisuma weakly laughed in response to Scar's comment about his shop. "I'll have to tear it down and try again. Guess I just wasn't thinking right when I was building.."

Scar frowned, looking away from the shop and locking eyes with the admin. He could see the paranoia and fear that rested in Xisuma's eyes.

"Are you alright, X? Normally you're the most focused guy I know, so is something on your mind that's been distracting you?" Scar questioned, his head slightly tilted as he locked eyes with Xisuma's tired stare. The admin nervously chuckled.

"Me? I'm swell!" He insisted with a forced laugh, "I just have a bit of a headache, that's all."

"If you say so."

Scar waved goodbye, opening his elytra and taking to the skies. As he flew out of view, Xisuma's fake smile quickly faded, the admin taking a seat atop a shulker box with a groan of exhaustion.

"You're seeing things, nothing is wrong." The Brit tried to speak to himself in reassurance, but he felt like he was lying. After seeing that vision with Taurtis and the watcher, something had to be wrong.

"All those things that the watcher told me.." he mumbled before standing up, anxious tapping his foot against the ground as he thought to himself. "It doesn't make sense.." He grumbled, "None of it makes sense!"

Xisuma kicked over his shulker box in anger, but he quickly let out his rage with a saddened sigh, his annoyance melting away. The admin got on his knees, scooping the spilled array of materials back into the box. Was he really so paranoid that he was seeing things?