10

A soft breeze caused for the leaves overhead to shutter and rustle, the sound bringing Xisuma back to consciousness. His head was aching, what had happened being nothing more than a blur in his mind. Everything had happened so fast, it felt like no time had passed at all, but who knows how long he had been asleep for.

A groan managed to break through his lips, the admin rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he sat upright. He blinked, studying the new area that looked anything but familiar.

The village was gone, disappearing in a flash of light that had erupted from his admin panel. It looked like he was in the middle of a birch forest, with the markings on the trunks somewhat resembling eyes. It felt like someone was watching his every movement.

Xisuma guessed that they had been teleported, but he couldn't be sure. Nothing was for certain anymore, meaning he had to stay alert and open to any possibility.

Glancing around for any signs of the other hermits, the Brit couldn't help but frown. No one was in sight, and no voices could be heard. It didn't feel like he was in dream, but he was alone, and the forest that he awoke in was tinted with a dull silver.

From the leaves on the trees to the sky overhead, everything seemed to lack brightness or vividness. It was like all extravagant colors drained away, resulting in an eerie feeling radiating off the forest.

Standing up, Xisuma was a bit uneasy on his feet. He managed to steady himself by placing a hand on the trunk of a tree, taking a moment to try and focus. The other hermits were with him just moments ago, was he brought to this realm all alone?

Just as the thought crossed his mind, footsteps approached from up ahead, the admin reaching for his weapon to fend off whoever was drawing closer. His inventory had been completely emptied out, leaving nothing at all for Xisuma to protect himself with.

Wels stepped into view, glancing around the forest before he managed to spot Xisuma, who visibly relaxed upon seeing the knight. "Thank goodness," the admin sighed, "I thought I was all alone here."

"Luckily, no. We all seemed to spawn in this forest, so we found each other pretty quick." He explained, never seeming to stay focused on one thing for too long, his eyes darting around the darkened shadows of the trees.

Xisuma noticed the knight's uneasiness, his whole body seeming tense and ready to fight whatever jumped out at him. Wels took a moment to pull his attention back towards the admin as he spoke, very clearly still distracted.

"We...should get moving. Wherever we are, we need to stick together with the other hermits." The blonde said, pulling out a stick and clutching it desperately like a weapon, Nodding silently, Xisuma let Wels lead the way. He followed the knight deeper into the birch forest, still unable to shake the feeling of being watched.

After walking in silence for some time, the trees began to turn sparse, as the forest began to come to an end. Up ahead, Xisuma could see the remaining hermits staring down in awe at what was up ahead.

Walking through the small crowd, the admin pushed to the front of the group to see what was so interesting. He froze in shock, standing on the edge of the hillside that looked down upon on a village.

Although, this was something unlike anything Xisuma had ever seen before. The buildings and homes were all custom-made, each unique and different in their own way. More than a hundred buildings and houses had been built up in the area, each more impressive than the last.

The worst part? They surrounded an enormous silver castle in the middle of the city. It was grander than anything he had ever seen before, better than all of the builders on hermitcraft combined. Xisuma had no doubt in his mind that was where his brother was, somewhere hidden deep in those silver castle walls.