20

"First you all were entertaining. Then you were impressive. And now..." Sylvia's grip tightened around her staff, a terrifying fury growing in her set of eyes. "Now you hermits are downright obnoxious."

She tapped the bottom of her staff against the floor of the throne room, causing a shockwave of energy to rush through. Unlike the previous wave of power she attacked with, this energy seemed to phase right through the hermits without any harm. That is, until their bodies began to glow with a silver light. The four survivors were lifted off the ground before they had a moment to react. Sylvia pointed her staff forward, which caused the hermits to be launched forward.

"This has gotten annoying." The watcher said as Ex was lifted off of the floor, surrounded by the same magic that the hermits found themselves trapped in.

Xisuma managed to get back into his feet after his brother was removed from atop him, the admin staring at the five who were bloody and worn from their worthless attempts at a rebellion. "Pathetic." He scoffed, straightening his posture as he stood beside his mother.

The five of them were held captive, stuck firmly in place while floating just slightly above the ground. His hands were stuck by his side and his legs were straight, he had been forced into this position. Joe tried to move his arm, even just a single finger, but it was like he had no control over himself anymore.

"I wouldn't try to struggle so hard," She said while shooting a glare towards the southerner, as if she could sense that he was trying to move. "The more you squirm the more pressure my magic will harm you with. It shall squeeze the life out of you with each subtle breath you try to take before you eventually pop. Now, I personally do not enjoy the sight of blood and guts, but I think I would enjoy seeing yours spilling out..."

Mumbo's face went pale at her words. Sylvia laughed. "Do not look so afraid, MumboJumbo. This shall not be your demise. Not yet, at least."

"W-What are you going to do with us?" Stress asked, on the brink of tears from pure horror.

"I'm not quite sure yet," The watcher hummed, dragging a pointed fingernail along the brunette's cheek. "I have so many ideas. So many ways to dispose of you five. I could keep you locked in the dungeon for the rest of eternity. I could have you tortured. I could simply turn you all into ash with a single blast of magic. The possibilities are limitless, but I know one thing for certain; I want to make it painful."

Grian swallowed the lump in his throat. They needed to find a way to get out of this mess. "But why?" He asked, "Why do all of this? What's the point?"

"Trying to stall?" Her head cocked to the side with a gross smile of pride growing across her face. "Taurtis warned me that you were a bit of a trickster. But it's pointless anyway. You can't escape."

"At least tell us!" The builder urged, nervousness growing in the pit of his stomach.

"If it shall give you peace before your death, then I shall permit it." Sylvia said while raising her hand, before closing it into a fist. The aura of magic surrounding Grian's body suddenly tightened, squeezing the breath out of his lungs.

"I have created paradise. A utopian society. Servers are filled with resentment and war, before being completely abandoned. I am the angel who saves these broken worlds. I gave them a new purpose. I gave them everything. I freed them from themselves. Now they serve me as we continue to spread the light of the Silver Sun!"

Her tightened hold on Grian finally released, allowing him to gasp for breath. The watcher stepped closer. "Your friends have found their purpose here. They are now united in a world that shall never abandon them. They are a part of me. Their thoughts are mine. Their actions are mine. They are mine."