Chapter 20

Despite his plea that night, I didn't stay; I couldn't bring myself to stay that night beside him. A part of me knew that by staying by his side that night, things would be different in the morning. We'd fall back into the same routine of me feeling like the person that I am looking at is the Cole that I fell in love with and the Cole I knew my whole life; The Cole who is gentle, caring, and silly. The second I would convince my walls that its okay for me to trust him again, he'd remind me of his mean and aggressive side of him that can break me back into the million pieces that I've spent years putting back together.

In complete silence, I picked up my things from the floor and headed to the door leaving Cole sleeping in the light of the TV at 4 a.m.. Sneaking down the empty hallway and staircase, I walked into the downstairs bathroom to freshen up and change into a pair of jeans and a sweater before leaving the house. I let out a deep breath when I reached the front door feeling like I can finally breath and let the walls around me relax for a few minutes.

I couldn't go home so early in the morning, so I drove the 24 hours coffee shop down the street. There was only a group of three guys sitting in the corner of the coffee shop together talking as they typed away on their laptops. After ordering a small coffee, I took a seat in the hidden corner of the coffee shop and opened my laptop. I spent at least 4 hours researching for jobs online and drafting at least 14 emails to different companies and scheduling all to go out at 9 a.m. today since 8 a.m. was too early to send out any emails.

I had a mini heart attack when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I took off my headphones as I looked up from my laptop to him. Andy smiled at me genuinely. He looked was dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank top with his headphones around his neck. His slightly damp hair was falling over his forehead with a few a beads of sweating covering his forehead.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning?" he asked "Aren't you supposed to be relaxing and on break?"

"I couldn't sleep, I also had a few things I need to finish off asap" I told him, I then looking around "What about you? what are you doing here so early in the morning?"

He pulled out a hair and brought it closer to me before sitting down facing me "I jog in the morning" he explained "I was surprised when I saw your car here. I just wanted to say hi since you're here and all"

I nodded not knowing what to say.

"Aren't you feeling tired?" he asked.

I shrugged "I had two coffees"

He smiled "How about breakfast, can I tempt you into go out with me for breakfast?" he said "My treat"

"Andy, I don'..." I tried to gently turn him down, but got cut off.

"Breakfast" he said "It's only two friends getting breakfast. Most important meal of the day"

He closed my laptop with a smile "I won't take no for an answer, come on let go" he said as he picked up my bag and walked to the door.

I followed him as he walked out of the street while he put my laptop into my bags and zipped it open. He then threw the backpack over his should and gave me a small smile leading the way.

"There's this place that has the most amazing waffles just down this road" he said "I went there a couple of weeks back with everyone and have been thinking if those thick ass waffles with its sweet sweet strawberry syrup. You like pancakes, right?"

I nodded "With Chocolate" I told him "Not a fan of strawberry syrup"

He smiled "I knew that"

I giggled "Of course you did"