Chapter 3

When I was six years old, I met two kids in kindergarten. I remember that before I met them, I hated going there because no one would play with me or be friends with me because they thought I was a little weird. One day, I was sitting on the swings alone during playtime while everyone else was playing together. I remember those two little brown haired and hazel brown eyed twins approaching me, they were in a different grade, they invited me to play and never left my alone since that day. A year later, I got introduced to my third best friend, their younger brother.

Those friends were the Gouglas siblings, Alex, Derek, and Cole. We been friends since the first time we met. Since the day we first met, we were inseparable, until we reached primary school. When we finished kindergarten, we faced the reality where I had to go to a government school, and they had to go to private school. Alex's mum and mine knew how closer we were, they saw a friendship that was worth keeping so they made an arrangement. Since it was three to one, my mum agreed on letting stay over every weekend.

Everything worked out that way, the four of was were able to survey almost 14 years of being friends, at least three of us did. When I was 14, Cole decided that he didn't want to study here anymore and insisted that he studies abroad. He planned everything out, he looked up a student exchange program that allowed him to study in town in Texas, provided him with a dorm with several other exchange students, as well as with a monthly meal plan and discounts. He had all the documents and evidence that he needed, ones that gave his parents no room for arguments and doubts that he came make it on his own. It wasn't such a big deal, but I was sad when he left.

One night while I was asleep in his room, Cole came back to surprise the family and me in the process. He had a girlfriend back then, but that didn't stop our feelings to somehow grow for each other. When he broke up with his girlfriend for cheating on him, we started dating a while after and everything just feel into place. Cole wasn't just Alex's twin brother, he was my best friend, the person who brought me out of my comfort zone, my first boyfriend, and my first ex-boyfriend.

Almost a year later, we broke up. It was a really messy and big breakup that almost broke my friendship with Alex and Derek as well. My breakup with him literally broke my heart in half, even more when Cole decided to leave again. According to him, he wanted to see the world and get a summer job somewhere in Manhattan where his grandma lives. that night, we had our last final fight before he packed-up and left. We never spoke to each other again, not once in the past two years after. At least not until last night.

The room was too bright when I woke up, so bright that it took me a couple of minutes to adjust to the light. It was loud too, loud enough to wake up a whole goddamn neighborhood. I was in the confusion phase, where I was still in bed trying to remember the events of the night before and where I was. When I was able to regain my full wakeful, I found myself on Derek's chest, his arms around me to hold the his controller.

"Mic" Derek said, a bit too loud for my liking "Watch out for that sniper on the roof"

I immediately pushed myself off him, a little weirded out because I never cuddle with him before, that's not how our friendship worked "Wohh"

"Ey, look who finally woke up" he smiled "For the record, sweetheart, you were the one who climbed over me"

I nodded.

"What time is it?" I asked as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"11:23" I heard Cole say.

To my luck, he was sitting on the edge of the bed, next to Mic with their backs to up and eyes focused on the game displayed on the TV.

I rolled my eyes and got up "That's my que to leave" I said then left.

I made my way to Derek's room, where I placed my duffle bag on the bed and started rummaging through it for cloths. I needed a shower bad, as well as something that would keep me locked up alone for the next half an hour in order to gather the patience and energy to deal with Cole's ass for the rest of the day. It was evident from our last night enter counter that he will be on my nerves for the rest of his trip before he leaves again.